What to do when an ex contacts you?

My ex contacted me recently. We haven't broken up for long. I still care about him and have a feeling he may want to get back together. How should I communicate with him so that he doesn't take me for granted this time round?

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 1

• It's so tempting, isn't it? Especially when you still like them?
    Don't talk to them. Don't do it. It ended once. It'll end again. You can take my word.
    Unless it's an exceptional case where the reason for the break up doesn't exist anymore. Like, you were in a long distance and now they've moved back near you. If it's just them apologizing, promising they'll change, don't get back with them.
    I know it's easier said than done, but I've made that mistake too many times to even say "you need to make your own mistakes sometimes".
    This doesn't mean you can never speak to him. You can talk to them once your feelings for them have reduced substantially, but now isn't the right time.