Is it wrong to do this instead of a date?

A girl asked me out on a date today, and i dont know how i feel about her. So i said "well how about its a hang out and we see how it goes from there (:" she thought for a second, then smiled at me and said "okay (:" its a good ending but i dont know it just threw her off? What if a guy did this to you?

Most Helpful Girl

• She was maybe hoping you'll know already that you like her and won't be needed a hang out first to decide if there's anything. It's wishful thinking on her behalf and you did nothing wrong. You need to first see if there's a connection and that's fair enough. If a guy I had a crush on said something like that it might kind throw me off for a few minutes but then I'd be thrilled that he at least said yes and that there's still a chance.

• Yeah i mean i sorta like her but its just not concrete you know?:/ i mean if i knew her better id had said yes or no but i really dont :/ and its still spending time together its just down grades from a date? Should i have just said yes to the date?

• Yeah in hindsight you should have just said yes to a date because dates are pretty much also just you getting to know the other person. It's no different than hanging out except it's maybe seen in a more serious light and it's more formal but it happened and you can't change it so just go for the hangout session now and see how everything goes. Good luck :)

What Girls Said 3

• I think it would have hurt her feelings a little. If you like her ask her to hang out soon... the longer you leave it the more time she will convince herself you don't like her.

• I would be pissed off , you should just said yer to date , if you didn't like her after then tell her.

• At least im going to go out and hang out with her.. Some girls wait til the last minute and cancel on a guy

• Yer but you could of just not said hang out part because they are still kind of the same things

• I'd feel like a dummy. But I'd respect and appreciate not being lead on or made to feel like a rejected loser.

• But i didn't want it to feel like a rejection in the least:/ but just a chance to get to know eachother i mean i dont even know her major, an that like the first thing you learn about someone in college besides their name haha i feel dumb now, should of just said yes:/

What Guys Said 1

• a date isn't a relationship. if you are interested in her you should have just said yes.

but if she still wants to go out it probably doesn't matter that much anyway