I like an Asian guy but I am worried as I know my mom will not approve?

Met a great guy he is Asian. Great looking very handsome but also a sweet guy. I wake up to sweet texts and he makes me happy we get on so well and I really think he will be my boyfriend at some point.

He has said his family know he likes mixed raced and black girls. An are ok with it. My mom always takes the Mick out of them and does not like their race all that much also my sister doesn't llike them. I do not like black guys. I do like white guys but anyway. Race is not a problem for me. I like who I like.

Should I follow my heart? He is funny and very intelligent. An has a great job. He has a lot to offer as a boyfriend. An I think he is a decent guy which is so rare to find these days

Most Helpful Girl

• I think your mother would be willing to change her mind about this guy if he was good to you. My parents are racist as well but if I met a guy that treated me well and had good morals they would not care about his race.

What Guys Said 5

• If your parents are racist, then it's up to you to break the cycle. Otherwise that shit just keeps getting passed from generation to generation and never stops.

• Race is such a meaningless and stupid consideration at all. Family members who believe that it is significant are exceedingly dumb and completely ignorant about human biology and physiology--E.G. genetics prove all humans are all in the same species. Not liking a race because of the reflection of light on pigment cells has to be one of the most asinine things next to religion.

• Follow your heart don't let anyone
    bring you down cause of their race
    love him for yourself not for your
    mom my ex-gf's mom did that to me
    and her so we ended breaking up

• It's you that has to like him not your mum. if he treats you right your mum will come round. Xx

• if you really really like the guy then who cares what your mom thinks. your happiness is what comes first

What Girls Said 3

• i think u should follow ur heart. at the end of the day if he becomes ur bf u have to stay with him not ur mother or ur family members..but their approval is also very imp. i think what u should do is take him and ur family out for a dinner i gues.make sure there are people around as in a public place so incase if there is any drama ur family would have to be restricted lol but at some point he would have to meet ur family so its better to let them know after sometime rather than later.. good luck :D :D

• Follow your heart! It's your life. Your mother will get over it, eventually.

• Follow your heart, it's your life :)