We act like an couple but I don't get her sometimes, she is like an thermostat.. sometimes hot, sometimes cold..?

for the past 2 months, I been baffled with this relationship...

I met this girl last year during summer and we barely talked.. but over the period of 9 months, we got close..

at first, I asked her out to dinner.. just simple, nothing fancy.. we talked and that was it..

then over the course of few months.. she started to act more friendly..

one night, while we were having dinner, we decided to stare at each other and see who would laugh first.. and no matter how hard she tries, she always smiles and laugh.. and the same goes for me..

then one night, while we were having dessert. We sat down and she came over to me and fed me hers.. the whole store was just looking at us... not to mention, her friends knows there was something between us.. and my guys did too.. my boys asked if there was an spark between me and her.. but i denied it cause we were still fresh..

during this whole time, she acts like my girlfriend.. hold hands.. kicking each other underneath the table during dinner.

Then one night, she asked me if I saw her more as a friend.. I said yes, I do see you more as an friend.. and i asked her the same question, do you see me more as a friend.. she said yes too..

after that though, we didn't talk.. and i called her.. I told her, I miss having you around and I want to see you.. we had everything planned, and then she tells me , 'i'm uncomfortable around me.'

now, she doesn't want to talk about it.. I'm just baffled.. why would she do this?

Most Helpful Girl

• "Then one night, she asked me if I saw her more as a friend.. I said yes, I do see you more as an friend.. and i asked her the same question, do you see me more as a friend.. she said yes too.." - there. if you wanted that to be 'more' than a friendship, why shooting yourself in the foot by saying 'yes i see you more as a friend'? OF COURSE she'll then says 'yeah me too', not to be hurt. maybe she was waiting for you to make some more 'serious' move, which you didn't. SHE 'acts like your girlfriend' all the time.. and how do YOU act towards her?

What Girls Said 6

• She left you, dude. I'm sorry. She was your girlfriend, but she's not anymore. I don't know what triggered it, not anything you mentioned. Something you probably didn't even notice or w/e. Just made her uncomfortable around you. It happens!

• she wanted you to say you like her as more than a friend

• I'm sooo confused too. Somebody help this poor man!!!

• She's not that into you anymore

• You didn't make it known, you kinda just went along with it as "friends" kinda. She was trying to show you she wanted more, and hopefully you saw her as more, by her behavior she felt comfortable. But you ignored it like most men do, and now she feels rejected!

• Weird. Maybe she just wanted the attention. To both say you like eachother more than friends and not immediately start "dating" is also a bit unusual.
    I'd say shit or get off the pot to the two of you. I'd ask her out like as in have a relationship, and if she declines then there's your answer.

What Guys Said 2

• Dude, I had one of those before... basically its just, your a back up... and now she messed that up... my advice to you, just be like, Look I love you unconditionally, friends more than friends whatever...so you don't need to feel uncomfortable. Just man up and chalk this up as a loss if you wanted to date her...but that should get her back as your friend, and don't ever make the mistake of trying to date her again.

• In the words of Stan Marsh,

Dude, this is pretty fucked up right here.