Would you date a girl who is stubborn and prideful?

She never accepts anyone's opinion of her, and hates anyone who looks down on her.

Against naysayers, she wins against them by fighting and winning by sheer determination and proving them false. For instance, a guy didn't believe she could play sports because she looked unfit, so during track and field she outran the guy and every other girl just to prove it. Same for a girl that thought she was dumb, and tried to ostracise her. She studied hard and beat the girl at her own grades (that girl was 2nd in the class), proved her wrong and a liar, then became the top girl in class.

Would you date such a girl or would you not?

Most Helpful Guy

• It sounds like determination but it also sounds like she cares way too much about what other people think so very insecure. It also sounds like she'd be one of those girls where if she had a bad opinion on a debate, she'd live her life hating the person for having a different opinion than her. So no.

• She said she doesn't care what others think of her since she defeats people by strength and not by gathering moral support, but it seems you're right too. It seems like she takes opinions to heart too much. Thanks for your persepective. :D

• No problem. Kinda odd she would say that she doesn't care what others think yet go so far out of her way to "beat them."

What Girls Said 6

• I'm stubborn, it's an inherited trait. lol. I think it's also good to be proud of the person you are. I come from a lineage of strong woman and I have absolutely no intention of giving that up because a man finds it intimidating or emasculating or what some little submissive wallflower.

• That's great! There's no way anyone could change who you are anyway, even yourself! Any man who tries to do that will be in for a shock when you get pissed and you decide to do things your way and walk over him haha.

• lol if i could choose the personality of a guy, that's exactly the kind of guy i needed right now hahaha. someone who would challenge me... :)

• but just in terms of career though, someone who will motivate me to pursue my goals and dreams in that field cause i'm losing interest on it.

• I'm her personal career consultant haha. But yes, we all need someone in our life who will drive us to our limits, guide us and motivate us. Not necessarily a lover, could be friends or family too!

• if i was a dude or if i was attracted to girls i will NEVER date such a girl

• I have a mix of fear and respect for her haha. Respect for showing others who she is. Fear that she actually pulled such an insane move off just to spite others. lol.

• She sounds a bit insane.

• I was quite bemused at first, then later cautiously worried haha. But I'm a very accommodating person so I don't think I'll get on her bad side too much when she insists on things.

• Lol. Yeah I would :) she sounds awesome!

• lol which part of it is awesome? XD

• Dang I can only vote up once haha! And yes, she is still girly too sometimes.

• I'm so taken back that most of the people on your post commenting like you can't be a feminine, sexy nurturing woman with a game plan. SMH, I mean that hurts.
      And it's a shame cause most of it is men!!
      And it's the same men that sit on this site and complain how they girl can't do nothing on her own, or my girlfriend just constantly complain, or cries to much, or she's so depressed, she thinks no on like her so she lays in bed all day miserable, I mean is that what's considered attractive now a days?
      It's absolutely mind blowing that woman who makes up her mind to be a winner, non-attractive. Who strives to stay fit get educated, and succeed isn't attractive. And I'm not a feminist but really?
      So the chic laying on her back and who would most likely cheat on you cause she can't Keep busy or have no goals is more appealing? How come?
      I mean it's crazy, cause sure you'll marry the doormat for your man hood sake, But you'll cheat on her with a more satisfying bitch like me!

What Guys Said 4

• Yes. I think everyone has pride, some just hide it more. As for being stubborn, I actually find it rather cute. I'm quite stubborn as well, so we could be stubborn together.

• I'm pretty accomodating, even I find stubborn cute too. Maybe we're just weird for liking girls like that.

• There's nothing wrong with liking a challenge. Just like if you are attracted to opinionated women for instance..

• if you watch naruto shippuden you would know.

• errr. Which female character would that be? Because I follow the series, and I'm not sure if I know of any character that fits?

• Naruto isn't quite prideful. He just does... never gave up haha. Stubborn and persistent. He has a character that you find it very hard to believe exists, but he is a likeable character.

I want Naruto to be with Hinata because she's just sweeter and she sacrificed herself for him. Plus Hinata's bloodline is closer to the Sage's.

• you can see naruto had a hard past, like that girl could have had. I think she is worth a try. thats why I'm coming up with naruto. If she looks good too dayum you don't know how I would chase her and she's easy to go. just challenge her, she likes it. yeah that pain episode looked wo epic

• Sounds like too much drama, no I wouldn't

• No. Why would I want to date a woman with masculine traits? Men are attracted to women who are unselfish, nurturing, affectionate and submissive, not the things you mentioned.

• I suppose that was rather masculine of her. There are some of us that find traits like that endearing though. :) A strong woman can be a rather reliable partner.

• There's nothing wrong with a woman being proud of herself.

• Yes, there are exceptions but the vast majority of men find those things unattractive in a woman.

emzy-89: I didn't say there was anything wrong with it. I just said that men don't find it attractive. That's not good or bad, it just is. Those traits are things women tend to find attractive in men, but not vice versa.