Girls, Would you date someone less successful than you?

Girls, would you date someone who is less successful and makes less money than you?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• If I love someone, it doesn't matter how successful they are or are not. I'm attracted to ambition and confidence, so I know for a fact that anyone I fall for will be putting forth effort, and that's all that is important to me.

• Best answer. Smart girls should always be able to see ambition and potential in a guy. If they cannot, they are fools.

• Well thank you :) I appreciate it.

What Girls Said 22

• Sure I would, but we wouldn't survive, because all I do is volunteer now - no jobs for people with a college degree around here...

• Yes. But just as long as he is ambitious and wants to do something worthwhile with his life, even if he doesn't make more money (the profession I want to choose doesn't have a lot of money in it either) People who are very casual about their careers really irritate me.

• cool answer. So as long as the guy can demonstrate potential?

• Yep. As long as he has a professional goal in life and does not have a very casual attitude towards it :)

• Of course :) It doesn't bother me how much money he earns so long as he is earning something

• you 100k
      him 40k

would you still date him and see a future?

• With the amounts you used as an example I wouldn't have thought two people would be suited merely on the intelligence side of things, if that makes sense?

• Not like the guy is stupid if mean "intelligence side of things". Just that life dealt him a different hand of cards.

• As long as he has ambition, won't get insecure of my success and is a great boyfriend, i don't see why not. I've done it before, but he was super insecure and it just destroyed our relationship

• Yeah. But I doubt many guys would want to date someone who's more successful than them. It's an ego thing.

• I wouldn't care. The reason I ask is because the girl I like is in a better position in life than me. I don't know how girls feel about these things.

• Lol this is kinda true x)

• no I wouldn't. if I can be successful and have my shit together then whats his excuse?

besides when u date broke guys u open urself up to being used. guys see girls who make more than them as a come up and want to live off you.

• well i did not say he was broke. My example is that he makes 40k and you make 100k and your job is 10x cooler than his.

Also, it doesn't mean the guy is stupid, just that he was dealt a different set of cards in life than you.

• Would I date someone who makes less money than me? Yes. However, money doesn't - success. Success is based on what you want to be successful at; if you want to be a great parent, and you are, you're successful, if you want to be a great doctor and you are, you're just as successful.

• I currently have a crush on a homeless girl, for what its worth. (But I have nooooo chance with them)

• If you really love someone, it should all be in the heart, not the amount of success.

• Yes, why wouldn't I? As long as he is not just bumming off me, and using me. Also if he is okay with me being more successful then him, that he would support me about it.

• Yes, as long as we is contributing it would not matter

• Yes I would.

• As long as he is making enough money that if i was ever fired we'd be okay i wouldn't date a broke man.

• I meant to vote A but accidently voted B I would definitely date someone less successful!

• Certainly, it doesn't matter who brings in the most money, as long as we both contribute

• Yes and I have

• how much difference?

For example:
      would you be ok with you making 100k
      and him making 35k?

• how serious are you guys? do you live together?

• We wee serious but that was long ago and no we didn't live together but knowing he made less I would've paid rent and groceries and whatever else is my responsibility (insurance, car note blah) he would've at least had utilities, and cable being that he has children

• Yes, as long as he is supportive.

• Yes as long as he doesn't mind.:)

• yeah sure why not?

• they wouldn't be able to give you the life style you want?

• who says i want an expensive life style? besides if im successful couldnt i give myself the life i want?

• Success means different things to different people. If you mean money, yes i would date someone that earns less than me - no question. I personally measure success more in terms of a person being individually fulfilled so if a person is happy with their life or can at least keep positive that is someone successful.

• are you sure? what if he can't buy you a big a$$ ring?

• Yes I am sure - I'd rather have a great connection with a guy and a little or even no ring than a big a$$ ring from a negative guy that can't see the good in anything or anyone.

• You are cool.

• As long as I wouldn't have to support him.

What Guys Said 5

• It depends on the girl's motivations and what she determines is success. Most girls accidentally attribute success to income and it's the biggest reason why so many guys are single now. The thing is a lot of guys are either truly trying to find work and can't, or are living in their mom's basement playing Playstation 8-10 hours a day claiming their life is so hard. By the time the girl gives up on the guy she sets her "standards" so high she ends up single forever in fear that she'll date another playstation addict.

• I feel for the guy that can't find work these days. I can only say keep trying and don't lose hope.

NOW the guy that plays PlayStation 10hrs a day should probably go outside and get some sunlight.

• Men often fear ending up alone far more than women. I know MANY women who are able to have some standards and kept them, where more men took anything just to not be alone.

• i'm surprised by the answers lol

• Never in a million years... always ladies atracted to gold fish in a pond. Not jus fish...

• Lol not even a gold digger would date me. Not because I'm ugly, but simply because boring. I'll die with my money I guess.

• Lmao. It is true only in their dreams. Being together for having sex is exceptional case.
    Gef ready for diplomatic hypocritical answers like
    YES WHY NOT? And all...in real world, she is gonna ditch you one day.
    There are already many girls who will be happy with you and who are equal to you. Why look for successful women then?

• I kind of agree with you. I think it might be case by case.