Is it time to break up? or should I keep going?

My boyfriend and I have been together a year. When we're together, we're attached at the hip. I'm in love him and he with me. The issue is, when we're not together and he wants to video chat... I keep making excuses... it seems like a chore. I just want to say hi so I can leave and watch tv. I don't know what's wrong! It's been like this for almost a month. He asked me today "what's the point of dating, cause he doesn't know anymore." when we're together i adore him. when we're not I don't care to see him. I just don't know what to do anymore. Should I force myself to talk to him every day? if it's forced, will i suddenly magically want to talk to him, or is it worth it to force it?

Most Helpful Girl

• I would try and give each other some space. I don't think you need to break up with him or I don't think he should break up with you. Sounds like he is smothering you a little bit though. Maybe he feels a little insecure when you are not around. You may want to ask him that when the time is right. I wouldn't do that over the phone. If he says he feels insecure I would do things to make him feel more secure. If you after a few weeks you don't start to miss him even though he has agreed to give you space then maybe you have grown apart and then maybe its time to move on. I assume that this is your first relationship and this is his first relationship? At your age it is common to grow apart or think that you are in love when really you are in love with the idea of being in love. I am not saying you are not in love with him I am just trying to pick your brain a little so you can think about what I am saying. I am a blunt person.

• i kinda want to see if i can go a week without talking to him... cause i honeeslty dont know if i know myself well enough that i know what i want. Maybe this will tell me

• a week is a long time and you may loose him if you do that. I would try 48 hours.

What Guys Said 2

• If you wait too long, he will also start to think and question the status of you two. you're going to cause him to think negatively if you wait too long. Dont let him slip away if you care about him

• Dont make him wait too long.

What Girls Said 1

• That's exactly how it was with me and my ex boyfriend. Eventually it got really annoying and things just went wrong. I would say it's time to go because you shouldn't force yourself to do anything. And no it won't magically make you want to talk to him anymore.