How should I approach replying to this message?

I've been trying online dating. This guy who lives a couple of states away around 9 hours away to be exact visited my profile so I checked his out and it sparked my interest. I messaged him not expecting a reply he messaged back, "That's very sweet of you to say. It seems we have a lot in common; the distance is most unfortunate...
P.S. The Perks of Being a Wallflower is my favorite book." Does anyone think I should email back and take a chance? I just don't know what to say about the distance. Any clever ideas?

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Go for it. I'm in a similar situation. Six months later we're still talking and planning on meeting

• How old is he? That's the first question. If he's in an age range you like, message him over the internet for a little while and if you want to meet him person to person maybe go on a double date with him and a friend of yours that has a boyfriend or girlfriend if you feel awkward meeting a stranger.