How do guys feel/what's going through their mind when a girl asks for their number?

How do you guys feel? Do you think we are desperate? Would you say no if you didn't like the girl or would you do it to be polite but ignore her?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'll keep answering this even though it's asked tons of times everyday because I want all girls to know the answer. It is awesome when girls show interest and ask for guys numbers. NOT desperate!! I would love for that to happen once in my life!

• I'm a senior and I like a sophmore. He randomly talks to me and when I asked for his number he gave it to me. I texted him like 2 days ago and he responded the next morning but we had school so it was cut short. He hasn't texted me since. Should I be worried? Do you think he could be interested?

• you should, hopefully he will get the hint that you like him!

What Guys Said 10

• Most of the times, I would be impressed. It'd also give me an ego boost knowing that a girl made the effort to get my number rather than vice versa.

I will only think you're desperate if you act desperate. You asking for my number has no effect on how I already perceive you to be though.

I have never denied anybody my number or given out a fake number. You would have to be incredibly annoying or a complete bitch for me not to give you my number.

• Would you ever text the person first?

• just be casual and it'll be fine

• Excitement if I like her (I can imagine myself thinking "Woot woot!!! She's asking for my digits, hell yeah!!!").

If I don't like her then it's still a nice little compliment, but other than that it doesn't mean anything. And yeah, I would just decline if I weren't interested.

• Usually surprise. First time I got asked out by a woman, it was a 29 year old woman, and I was 19 in college. I was a little stunned, not only because I was much more naive, but because I flat out didn't look at her that way.

And yes, girls sometimes forget--even if you gut it up and ask a guy out, he might still say no. We're not horny dogs that want to hump everything that moves. You've got a 50/50 just like we do when we ask girls out.

But there's nothing desperate about a girl asking a guy out or asking for his number, etc. It is fine, and I've felt more respect for the various girls that have done so with me.

But again, remember, the rules still apply. Like, a girl called me up out of the blue at the end of a college semester and did the "I'm asking you out but not officially" thing. It was flattering. But I hadn't asked her out previously when she flat out told me playfully, "I'd totally say yes if you asked me out" so why would I change my mind?

• I'd feel flattered for sure. I wouldn't think she would be desperate unless she acted like it while trying to get my number. I would give it to her if she asked for it.. I would only ignore her or don't text if i wasn't interested in her.

• I wouldn't think you were desperate. I'd be shocked.

I'd probably say yes no matter what since it happens to ridiculously infrequently.

• I'd be so surprised I would think it's a prank or something.

• ^ This. Definitely this. But most guys would just say "no" to her face if they weren't interested.

• haha.that's creepy, it's a red alert for me.She might be a cons/scam/ crazy and I will ignore her or say something to her like "Sorry lady, I'm not interested"

• I'm wondering if she likes me. I'm probably not going to worry about it so much from now on.

• If ugly: "I'm gay"
    If hot: *give number*

• If she was pretty and seemed like a nice person I would be so so happy and would really be looking forward to meeting her for a date or sth.

• Would it be ok to ask the person on a date if you haven't texted much and don't get a chance to talk much? I don't do well with texting so I'd rather hang out to get to know the person but I'm afraid they'd think it's too soon.

• Look I'm no expert here as I have never been on a date ( I got turned down though and I didn't turn girls down). So I would count myself as a more shy guy and I would appreciate you texting me A LOT. just ease into it, talk a bit about school, some general stuff like news, music, celebrities I don't know like I said I don't have any experience with girlfriends. My estimate would be though, if he likes you he will appreciate you texting and you couldn't do that much wrong.

What Girls Said 0