Ladies would you date a handsome guy if he was broke?

Would you date a guy if he was handsome but had nothing to offer you as far as money goes which means not being able to take you to a movie or a nice place to eat or traveling. Just pretty much going Dutch Treat and hanging out at places that require no spending. Would this do it for you this life style even though your attracted to that guy? Honest Answerers please?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it depends. Does he take care of his bills and has no money for extra curricular activities? Or is he a friggin bum or an extreme cheapskate? If he's stable but cannot afford to do some or even most activities that's fine. If he pinches pennies just to sit on the cash and say he has many 0's I'd walk away bc that means he's not willing to care for anything but his money. And if he's a bum at 30 I wouldn't give him the time of day.

• Thats from the heart right there! You win this thing great words.

• Ok fair enough. But i wasn't referring to a guy out of college, although there's a difference to a guy who is working to make something of himself as opposed to a dude who hasn't been in school since HS, doesn't work and has no ambition. Or a deadbeat father who never sees his kids and leaves the burden all on the mom.
      So my husband is a good man, kind hearted takes care of his kids, but bc of a stroke of bad luck that had him laid off we lost everything, including our home. NOW, had I met this man (my husband) on the street but knew he cared for his family like no other I'd go on a date with him bc he has a kind heart and great morals. See the difference?

• Why did you leave the husband that was a good man? Because he had bad luck and lost his home? Thats what happened to me but my sister was greedy and took me to court long story.

What Girls Said 14

• Honestly it's a turn off for me. I'm quite hard working, ambitious and aspire to live a life where I can afford nice things. Growing up poor has made me realize how awful it is to be in debt, to not be able to afford fun things and to constantly have to worry about money is something I don't wish upon anyone. I'd also hate to put my future kids through the same struggle I was in as a kid. So for me it's a must that the man I'm going to be with shares my aspirations, is hard working and values to also achieve the finer things in life.

• What if he's breaking his back but is stuck in a low paying job and can't seem to get a better one do you walk on him?

• If he's trying to make a success and to better himself then I wouldn't walk out on him no. I understand that job is scarce but they key should be that he's at least trying to get somewhere in life.

• It would depend on why he was broke. If it was because he made bad financial decisions and wasn't good with his money and wasted in on unnecessary things or gambled then no I wouldn't date him. If it was a broke student then probably because we've all been there. I would also be more willing if the guy was clearly making an effort to save money or earn more money.

• no i wouldn't. nor would i date him if he was rich and ugly… just incase people think money is what i base my choices on.
    he can be rich, handsome and popular but if his personality is shit then forget it.

• Firstly, I would only want to go to places that require no spending; they always turn out to be the most fun. You have to get creative with it, haha.
    Secondly- it honestly doesn't matter how rich or handsome you are, if you have no personality, no sense of humour, take yourself to seriously, or just generally act like an arse, then I won't have any interest in you. Money really doesn't matter, I wouldn't expect anyone to have to buy me crap. I'm not a materialistic person in general.

• Women can be foolish when it comes to love. If the man has all the right stuff, she'll let things slide.
    For instance, if he is really charming, but has no money, she'll fall for him and suck it up.
    Same note, if he caught her heart and has a small member, she'll stay anyways and more often than not, choose not to cheat.

I'm not going to lie, they would probably prefer to do things involving money, especially if they are going to introduce you to the parents.

• I don't date but if I had to choose a guy it would be based on his personality and not money

• If I love him and he loves me for who I am with or without money too, IDC.
    But he better find a job at least. I ain't gonna be his suga mama.

• Yes..of course..It's like a badass who life is only going to bring you down

• When I date a guy his wealth and status r of no importance to me. If he is a nice person I would still date him. Date does not have to be at fanciful place.

• But he must be actively searching for a job

• Nice words. But what if he already has a job but still is broke then do you stay or leave him?

• If he has a job and is earning then what is considered enough depends on ourselves.
      Money do play a part in relationship afterall we are not living in romeo and juliet times.

• Yes I would. If I really liked him than anything that involves him would be great :)

• O yes honestly I would date someone who did not have a lot of money because that is what is not important (money) in a relationship. because fiscal situations never stay the same for your whole life for your whole life, things like that always fluctuate. the thing that matters is when a couple says we can get though this together and in the end we will come out strong in are money situation but are relationship will be even stronger because we faced and went through the headship together but made it out all right in the end

• It's all about supporting, encouraging and letting your man know that you got his back no matter what is happening in life at the moment

• Awesome very well said

• Thank you

• Been there, done that. I care more about attraction and getting along than money.

I'm hesitant to marry someone who racks up tons of debt on stupid stuff, though. It's just a personality difference.

• All i want is dating a well-educated, literally, guy. He doesn’t have to be rich. I don’t mind if came from broke family and now still a broke guy. He has to be smart. He doesn’t have to have a PhD. If he ever really WANTED TO reach PhD, that’s enough. He cares about education then he smart enough to rise smart children. If he smart enough then i will never get tired talk to him alllll day long, all my life :)

• "I ain't sayin' she's a golddigger, but she ain't messin' with no broke niggas"

What Guys Said 1