I called my boyfriend a jerk and he broke up with me. He left me hanging would you be pissed?

My boyfriend and I had plans he would pick me up 730/8pm to go to dinner. I didn't hear from him all day. 840 arrives no show, call, or text as im sitting there hungry, fully dressed with my makeup and hair done. I was furious and texted him jerk. He finally texts me 2 hrs later breaking up with me for calling him a jerk. He said he was helping his cousin With the car and had greasy hands and couldnt call. His cousin has done a lot for him so he owed him and it held him up plus he was chatting with family.
He said my calling him a jerk worries him anout how I would handle future events.
WTF? by the way I know him 5 months dating 2.
Oh I forgot, he was dressed and ready to go but he was so mad he let me linger the 2 hrs. He said he would have made it to my house by 9.

Was it so bad I called him a jerk. That is why he broke up. I think the guy is paranoid and takes things too personal. Immature.

Most Helpful Guy

• You called him a jerk, so now he's going to act the role you gave him - doesn't seem so strange in that light?

Yes, lack of communication is a sign of not caring but really what happened was that you were not on his mind, so much fun he was having being greasy - HE FORGOT, else he would have gotten someone with no grease to phone or taken a wash break to phone. He's wanting more fun & less you in his life but won't come clean about it. Punishing you for 2 hrs is also BS, he wasn't ready, being extra bad now, using your temper against you. Total BS guy... but why? He's getting back at you in a very sand-bag way, things building up over time and bam he lets the bag fall on you when short tempered.

Now YOU are no saint, lowering yourself to his level... jerk... really? Such tools you might use in the future in front of his boss, on the children, at a family gathering? The hungry & ignored do get steamed but if we love the jerks, we do something more constructive & be as understanding as we'd love them to be when we screw up. If you're not going over there to pick him up with "I'm starving" but I'll wait for you to clean up, then get something to eat! If/when he shows up, something else fun to do can save the night.
    or
    would you rather run the gauntlet we call dating/shopping - ugh, not me

What Guys Said 4

• You called him a jerk. That's not a big deal. I've been called a lot worse. If he's getting upset by that then he's a little too sensitive.

The fault is his for not being courteous enough to call or send a text. You had made plans. He could have washed his hands and given you a quick call to explain the situation.

It doesn't sound like he's breaking up with you because you called him a jerk... that just sounds like a really lame excuse. I think he must have been done with you for awhile and that he was just waiting for you to "fuck up" somehow.

• I would be pissed at him. He was rude and when you called him a jerk he became petty.

• There's no excuse for his behavior. He could have called at some point to let you know.

• I don't think you should've called him a jerk without hearing his side first as to why he didn't show up, but at the same time, breaking up with someone over being called a jerk (although, I do think it was wrong of you to call him that, it's understandable) tells me he was looking for a way out of the relationship and this was his ticket.

What Girls Said 5

• Lol wow. If he broke up with you just because you called him a jerk for being late, then he couldn't have been all that into you. Sorry. You weren't a priority. And he could have easily washed his hands quickly to make a call or to text you that he'll be a little late. He probably could have even texted before he started working on the car, considering that it's pretty easy to figure out if something is going to take a long time or not.
    You dodged a bullet in my opinion.

• if he can't understand why you were upset then I'd give him as much time as he needs to figure that one out... if you want to text him to apologize for calling him a jerk and let him know you're sorry he doesn't understand why you're upset he didn't let you know there was a delay/change of plans then at least you're putting closure on the issue... take care.

• If he was going to be late he should have called. Sounds like that's just the excuse he used to breakup with you.

• Yes, i would be upset.

• I dont think that was the true reason he broke up with you, it was just an easy out

• He should have let you know what was up. Him breaking up with you over that is emotional abuse. You did nothing wrong except express your frustration. You only called him a jerk. You were his girlfriend, doesn't matter what his cousin has done for him, if he can't make it or will be late he needs to let you know. Greasy hands isn't a good enough reason to not let you know. I say good riddance. My ex husband was the same way- I was never his priority. Not saying him helping his cousin was bad, not at all, but he showed you zero respect and by not letting you know and breaking up with you, that clearly says you were never a priority to him. Don't ever settle for being second or third.