Messed up first "date" by getting drunk...can I salvage it?

well I went out with my crush the other night...I'm not sure that it was actually a date but it was the first time he asked me to do something just the 2 of us. He was driving so wasn't drinking...I made up for that by drinking a lot of wine. Things went really well (well I think) until the wine hit me and I got a nose bleed which splattered all over his white t-shirt all over me...then I felt like he was grumpy with me and I kept asking him if he was, which he insisted he wasn't. Then he gave me lift home and which I can't really remember much of but I think I was a bit off with him and then when he pulled up outside my house I kept telling him I was REALLY into him (cringe)...

This may be beyond salvaging but what do ya think I should do apart from drinking less...

He text me to say I broke his toe also...
its not normal behaviour for me...don't normally drink wine apart from with meal..so that could be a factor. Spoke to him on phone and asked him did he just wanna leave things and he said he wants to wait until his toe heals a bit before deciding...

Most Helpful Guy

• I personally wouldn't unless I knew you had a really low tolerance. But if you're 25 or older you should honestly know what your tolerance is anyway. I doubt I'd give something like that another chance. It reminds me of the time I talked with a girl on the phone from online who sounded drunk both times I talked with her. She mentioned she found more alcohol on the second phone call which confirmed it and mixing in her slurring speech, I was just too turned off. So I can only imagine how that guy must feel.

What Guys Said 4

• Wow... That sounds like a nightmare of a first date. Did you at least give him a blowjob or something to make it up to him?

If he was on the fence before about you before, you probably pushed him to the wrong side with that night.

• Nope nothing sexual happened...Yep its pretty disastrous all right. I don't expect to hear from him...

• Na its not normal behaviour for me...don't normally drink wine apart from with meal..so that could be a factor. Spoke to him on phone and asked him did he just wanna leave things and he said he wants to wait until his toe heals a bit before deciding...

• I'll talk from personal experience. I have had some pretty horrible dates, and experiences with women that were clearly their fault.

There were some instances where I just decided it wasn't worth it, but if she shows that she sincerely cares about fucking up, it goes a long way. I'm not talking about long text messages, I don't want that, I just would want to know that you are going to do something that shows you legitimately care, and that whatever happened would not happen again and was not a normal thing. If it was just one time, I can look past it, but this was a lot for one time.

That he even picked up your call, or called you is a good sign though.

• What happened to his toe?

• I stood on it, in heels

• If I liked you i would want to see you again. If I was lukewarm it might put me off.

• This is beyond salvage. It requires too much to save to be worth the effort.

• In my opinion he will be able to forgive you if you apologize in a cute way and don't let it happen again. I hooe you're not an alcoholic and just drank too much cause you were nervous.

What Girls Said 1

• If you have to ask that question, you might have a probem, because most people would just drink less; without having to ask

• problem

• Ye I'm not normally like that, wine's not usually my drink...like we've been out before together in a group so he knows I'm not always like that...oh well it'll be a lesson learned I guess

• yes it has