Does your level of education determine the type of relationship you have?

Do relationships change with your level of education? Do you think if both of you are at the same level and get more education your approach to your relationship also changes.

Most Helpful Guy

• It really depends. When I moved into this new area and was browsing girls online to date. The only professions I would find are teachers, daycare, and then a few retail/waitress onces who seemed temporary while in school.

What I do notice is that girls are much more judgmental on a degree than guys are. Yet I find far less girls actually add up to the degree they are looking for and most don't get a good career and only find part time work. Yet they have degrees in teaching but it seems like they never bothered to look into how heavily overpopulated that field is. Some with guys pursuing law degrees. It's high income potential, yet ridiculously overpopulated. But even then, you'll still have a girl saying she doesn't want to date a lawyer because they "set criminals free." Much like a guy owning a cigarette company. Some girls won't care, others don't like the idea that they feel like they're dating a "murderer."

Personally, I have a few tech degrees and an associate's. They're collecting dust and I work full time with some part time work. Yet my mom tells me I'm doing better than family who have even masters' and are unemployed. I'm sure there's many guys and gals going through the same things now.

So I feel the real question comes down to the income levels. Because many people do things like trade schools and get good work. Plus income pretty much determines lifestyle. If a guy is dating a girl and he makes 50k and she makes 25k, he's gonna have to pay for her if he wants to go on vacations with her, etc. If you flip the genders though, an insanely small fraction of girls are ok with that. Plus the guy's ego may be shot.

The thing is now, is that so many men and women are encouraged to be "self-sufficient" and pay their own way. Sharing's become a lost cause.

What Guys Said 3

• Factually: Yes. In my opinion: Yes.

• Yes. People probably tend to date people that are on the same level.

• It certainly seems that way. With the uneducated people I see, well I don't want to seem cruel, but their "relationships" don't seem much different than dog breeding. Or like my cat, when she was in heat she snuck out, a dominant tom fucked her, then she came back and had kittens. I was told that she was spayed when I adopted her...

What Girls Said 1

• To a certain point yes. Higher education means higher income which tends to lead to refinement. Better educated people tend have a higher social status. With that comes a more refined, and selective taste. There is less time to juggle multiple partners and random hook ups. They tend to be married or date one person at a time.