is online dating just a numbers game?

I'll send out like 20 emails and usually i'll get 2 or 3 responses sometimes more. The problem is we only message each other maybe a couple times then I don't hear from the girl ever again. I got one girls number then called and she didn't answer and never called back even though I left a voicemail. Another one was on a dating app and we talked for about a week and finally decided to mention that we should meetup and so she said ok and I told her we could go bowling. She said that sounds cool so I found a place that we could meetup at and I messaged her the name, location and time to meetup to see if that works for her and I never heard from her again. at least I thought it was my looks by now that at least I have girls actually responding I think it's just the fact that they have so many options as far as all the guys constantly messenging them so they can be so picky all the time. Makes me wonder if I would ever be successful at finding a girlfriend. What are the chances of me being the one that she actually wants to start a relationship with when she has 200 other guys who want to date her also?

Most Helpful Guy

• I've dated a ton with girls off the internet in person. The key is to not waste time talking to the attention whores. Unfortunately they make up like 80% of the profiles within online dating. Once you mention meeting in person they freak out and stop replying. We even got girls admitting on there that they just go online for attention. They want an inbox full of "you're pretty"'s and stuff to feel good about themselves.

Overall good ideas for online dating if you're interested.
    Have a decent (not too short/not too long) profile with decent photos.

Message back and forth no more than 5 times per person. If they don't agree to exchange numbers and/or meet up, drop them. They're worthless to talk to and just want to use you for an ego boost.

If you got one girl's number, get more numbers! Having 3-5 girls' numbers is ideal. More may possibly help. Don't stop getting numbers until you're dating one for a few times and know she's a good catch.

What Girls Said 5

• It sounds like it

• don't worry but yeah you can't trust online dating :/

• Regular dating is a numbers game. Certainly that is true as well for online dating

• Do you really want a girl to date you because she has no other option? The guys I've dated from the net have said it's been about the same as dating was for them in real life.

• If you are hot enough for her she would follow through. Trust me.

• I'd say at least 80 percent of the girls I message at least view my profile. So maybe they aren't getting that many messages. I posted a picture of myself on here once and they all said I was at least average to above average. At one point I approached girls in real life all the time and I guess they were never interested or they were just absolutely terrible at having a conversation with a stranger cause they never really put in any effort to the conversation. Sometimes I wonder why I even want a girlfriend since all the girls I ever talk to are boring.

What Guys Said 6

• Online dating is a gamble and chance we take at winning

• Dating is always a numbers game. Online dating is just worthless.

• The odds are against you. I am not going to lie.

• you never lie, though

• True. I'll stop spamming up his thread now. Thank you for not slaying us asker!

• yeah, asker thanks for your understanding!

• I'm not a big online dating person...

• want to get your angus raped?

• Online dating is only for hot guys unfortunately. .women are superficial

• I actually went on more dates before working on my physique. Apparently I've been told my physique "makes girls feel bad" and it's because they wish they could put in the effort.