Taken girls, how did the guy you're with first ask you out?

Where were you?
What did he say exactly?
Did he sound confident or nervous?

Maybe it will give us single guys more hope lol

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 38

• We went to high school together, and I had a total crush on him but thought he was way out of my league so I never talked to him.
    We met "officially" at my 18th birthday party.
    He didn't have to say much because I went up to him, told him I thought he was cute, and one thing led to another, and next thing I know he's kissing me. He was just being smooth, and cute, and I had already had a crush on him.
    He was definitely confident.

BUT He didn't ask me to be his girlfriend until a month later. He just explained and told me in basically these words "This is what I want and who i want to be with, will you be my girlfriend?"
    Of course i said yes.
    Btw: Confidence is SEXY!! Be confident, dont be shy. But dont over do the confidence, too much cockiness could be taken a douchey, and girls dont like that. (Some do, but those are usually sluts, no offense)
    Be honest too. Dont play games, girls may like the games at first but they get old. So if you are really into her dont keep up the game, play a little, then get down to business. Ask her out.

• I was walking with a coworker near a pier, enjoying the beautiful weather. I looked to my right, and nearby there was a super cute tall guy talking to another guy. He saw me look, and I decided to keep talking to my friend. I looked again, and he looked as well. Then my coworker and I decided to go back to work, and as we were walking away from the pier, I looked at the cute guy again and he said," You leaving so soon?" I replied," I have to go back to work." At this point we were face to face. He then said,"I'm not sure how to do this...should I take your number or give you mine?" I replied, "You can take mine."

(He seemed confident, but much later on he informed me that he was quite nervous and was trying to hide his dirty fingernails from working on his bike all day.)

I gave him my digits and headed back to work. Literally like an hour later, he texted me saying how he would love to take me to lunch or dinner. This guy was straight up OLD school. He even offered to pick me up from my apartment on his motorcycle. 😲

I was shocked about how respectful he was, but also pleasantly surprised. 😏

The guy who actually takes a step forward and is respectful, gets the girl. If two people are attracted to each other...it WILL Happen.😏😏😏😏

• He simply said "Do you want to be my girlfriend?" and I said "okay." Haha! I guess he was confident. We were walking to class and he stopped me and asked me that. We were just freshmen in high school when we started seeing each other. We are now juniors in college:)

• You want some hope? Get ready.
    I was texting my current boyfriend the night before he asked me out. I had to ASK him POINT BLANK if he liked me. I actually told him to grow some balls. He then proceeded to tell me that his friend had told him the same thing. THEN he TOLD ME "Just so you know, I'm going to ask you out tomorrow."
    The next day after school, we were standing by some lockers and I was like "You gonna do this or not?" And he took a deep breath and said "I really like you, will you be my girlfriend?" I guess I was nervous too, because I said "Sweet" and gave him a high-five... I always kind of regret that.
    Anyways... it worked out for us. XD

• Mine was a little funny. I was supposed to go somewhere with his roommate. When I called he said his roommate couldn't talk and he said he also wouldn't be able to make it. I said okay and was about to hang up wgen he said he wanted to go instead. He was full of confidence and I couldn't have possibly said no.
    Years later I found out they fought over who would get to date me and my husband won. Lol!

• That's so cool :D

• You are young even now :)

OH YES that's always been my principle, no relationship will make it if the 2 aren't friends first and all the while :)

• Thank you raj, and I agree!

• Funny story. We were sitting side by side in his truck on the street outside my house. It was nighttime and he was about to drop me off, but first we were just sitting together a little before I left. I think it might have been our third or fourth date. We'd known each other for not quite three weeks. We'd been joking during that time about how he wasn't going to make anything official yet because he wasn't ready for that kind of commitment and blah blah. But that night he kind of just looked over at me and said "You're my girlfriend now." And I just grinned shyly and said, "I am?" and he goes "Yeah."
    And I just lean into him and say "Well then I guess that means you're my boyfriend now." Or something along those lines.
    Hahaha oh man I love that guy <3 We have the best moments.

• So how did he ask you out for the first date?

• I think the point is to make your intention clear. Lots of guys approached and got close to a girl but are afraid to push on (being too "respectful") and that's why they got into the dreaded friend zone OR they wait too long (notice how they hooked up within 3 weeks?). I can see her bf being a playful guy who chase her eagerly without being creepy. You just need to make it come off as confident instead of desperate.

• Erwin you put it into words so much better than me haha I totally think you got it.

• Well this is awkward - I asked my boyfriend out.

• What did you say to him?

• Yeah, it was the best start to a relationship I've had and even heard of haha. I loved it all. It's not often you meet someone in person and develop the relationship in person.

• And it's not often the female does all the work either!

• like on the first date? through a text message- he asked if i wanted to go to the bowling alley with him and his friend and friend's girlfriend. i didn't take the hint (i was so naive) and was like "naw, imma just stay home tonight. thanks though!"

and then the time that i realized he asked me on a date was to go roller skating through a text message. he seemed nonchalant about it. however i was freaking out xD

• He never really asked me out. The relationship just sort of happened. We were in the dreaded friend zone, he kissed me, then he came back to my house the next day with a flower and asked if I would be his girlfriend. That really takes a lot of guts.

• My relationship didn't have much of a clear beginning... It started as a friends with benefits situation, until we developed a much closer emotional connection. He's very confident though, which was always very appealing. Basically, concentrate on really connecting with someone, not just asking them out. The dates and everything else will follow :)

• He drank quite a bit, then came to ask me if we could talk. He told me that since he was drunk it should be easier, that he was crazy about me, that he had tried to tell me this many times before... I kissed him.

• we were sitting in a park infested with rats. we spend an hour there counting the rats runs across us.
    then he cupped my face and pulled me in for a kiss. he held me in his arms and told me "we're dating now"
    i never said yes or no. so technically, we aren't even dating :p

• Asking out for first date, or becoming official?

I forgot. It's been so many years. Oh! One guy asked me out with a freeway overpass sign made of cups! But don't do that. It's GRAND and awesome, but very impersonal. Still comes across like he did it to showoff, not because we had a real connection. (I had to dump him 1 month later as we grew apart and I didn't have time to deal with it, nor did he.)

The guy who I was with for 3 years initially asked me out on my carport. He even lifted me up and spun me around after I said yes to being his girlfriend. He was sooo nervous. I could also feel his boner when he spun me around and kissed me. I loved that dude A LOT.

Another guy asked me out with my favorite candy - Reese's Peanut Butter Cups! He made a figurine out of them. He was nice but I wasn't feeling it. I don't want my heart living a lie so - Dumpsville, 3 months later.

But it's been 4 years since any of that stuff happened and since I've dated anyone. Don't know if any of that cool, magical stuff will happen again with another guy. But man, I would KILL for that connection again - having a guy who genuinely cares about you - and a guy asking me out again.

Maybe I'm gettin' too old. We shall seeee!

• Yeah, I think I'm totally off topic here. But now you have ideas for asking her to be your GIRL! ^_^

• Okcupid.

He most definitely came off as confident. Was poking fun at my profile, more specifically at how cynical it was.

We met in person a week later and have been together for over 2 years now. I definitely see myself spending the rest of my life with him.

• Got an example of how he poked fun at your profile?

• Oh BALLS. GaG are my comment.

My profile read as follows:

*Pompous lie about my personality traits*

He messaged me exactly this:

so what employer is making you work Friday night? X

• Of for fuuuk's sake, Gag needs to stop eating my comments.

My profile:
      (insert a dozen cutesy smiley faces)
      (insert another dozen smiley faces)

His message:
      (Insert cheesy desperate chat up line here lol ) so what employer is making you work Friday night? X

• My room mate started hitting on him and she was like soooo ya`ll aren't even really dating right? He asked me out when she said that.

• Before or after, her friend hits on me and I get hit with everything at hand & ordered for as well as with words & stuff lol - happens w/o fail in any relationship with me - fate & history lol

• My first date was actually going to pick my boyfriend up from the bus stop how romantic. It was our first time meeting (met online Long distance relationship) It was honestly the cutest thing ever, we sat by the sea and just talked for a while and hugged and he put his arm around me quite confidently but i could tell he was nervous, but we hit it off well and basically didn't shut up till we got home and both fell asleep on my bed (he had been on the bus for 11 hours and i had been awake since 5 in the morning. Yeah :)

• We were hanging out and start making out and by the end of the night he's like "sooo.. did you wanna be my girlfriend?" Or something like that lol

• He never did ask me out. We would text every day and see each other once a week (mostly just the two of us sometimes our friends would come). There are two situations were it could have became official. First when we were texting and talking about wether friends with benefits were better or a relationship. We both decided we liked relationships better. Or the first time a gave him a BJ. But it kinda just happened over time. So if you were to ask either of use how long we have been together we would both just reply "I don't know".

• He said " will you go on a date with me?"
    He was nervous and i loved thst and the fact he asked me on a date and not "hangout"

I sy no to hangouts and yes to formal planned and payed for dates.

Just gooooo for it!

• I was in the middle of some complicated stuff so he asked but at the same time told me he'd understand if I felt like waiting. I did. Then I ended up asking him about a month or two later after deciding I couldn't wait anymore , not even sure if he still wanted to. He did.

• My current boyfriend just kissed me and said 'will you go out with me'

• was he confident? nervous?

• Well when he asked he actually seemed confident but after he told me he was heaps nervous although he was pretty sure that I would say yes

• He didn't, I was at his place out the front waiting for my dad to come and get me, then he kissed me :P (not sure if he asked if he could though, feeling kinda bad for not remembering)

• Well we already knew eachother, but we were talking and he just said something like, "I'm in town, let's catch up" lol. We'd already spoke about meeting when we were both in the country so it was pretty effortless.

• i met him through a random encounter at a gyro place. we talked for a bit and exchanged numbers. text messages ensued. after a few exchanges, he later asked me out via text.

• We talked for a while and we're pretty clear about our feelings, so I don't think he was nervous.
    The day we became official, he wrote me a poem and gave me flowers and jr mints. (My fav candy.) After I read the poem he asked me to be his gf.
    It was on Halloween in his car.

• Junior Mints, that's so cool! lol

• I loved that he remembered something so small about me. It showed he really listens. :)

• He didn't :)

• We talked a Couple times, I got his number...we never stopped talking. It was just super obvious. He pretty much asked what day I wanted to start counting our "relationship" on. And it's only gotten better :)

• He was clumsy about it :)) we were with some common friends outside at a terrace smoking shisha. He started talking to me on a 1 on 1 level and then he just blurted out stuff about having a family, getting married and a dog in he backyard - then said 'we should talk about this over coffee sometime, not beer - would you like to?'. Lol. I am not a fan of marriage - much less of a fan of children. But it was so cute and clumsy I said fine, we'll have coffee if we don't talk about this. :)

• We met online..talked for about 5 months and we finally met. On the second date we did the do lol and he asked me after it happend and i said no! But two years later after being just friends with benefits i said yes and we have been together 2 years but total of almost 5: )

• hhhh well her was shy i founded that really cute and he sended me my friend telling me : hey so do you see that guy over there he want to ask you out because he likes you so much and he wanna be gaven a chance so? then the next day i rejected him for the second time personally but he did ask for a 3rd time so i got intrested to him and now am in love with him it's been 1 year and 1/2 so that's it ! it's funny out of commun story but it worked !

• so you're saying no means yes? If a girl ever rejected me I wouldn't take it as a sign that I need to ask you out more and try harder I would just walk away.

• "see that sh edesurves more than asking just one time"

nope. sorry

• if you don't want to just don't it's you who'll have the results of your acts at the end it's always up to guys !

• More from Girls
    8

What Guys Said 5

• I asked her and she said yes.

Lieke if you cri every tim

• 1) Her office
    2) I cannot stop thinking about you
    3) Terrified

• Great anecdotes, very fun read

• hate how us guys still have to initiate

• Ok this is from the 'taken guy' lol

Current gf, I was trying to talk to her and she was avoiding me (later mentioned that she didn't think I'd fall for her so better avoid), I had to walk between the conversation she was having with her friends, bend down a bit, sling her on my shoulder so it catches her attention walk a few paces away, kiss her & then I asked her out ;) unorthodox and whimsical but that's how I am :D

• Hahaha like cave man style that is as macho as it gets it was impossible to fail!
      I need to remember to bring a stick next time so I can whack my female over the head and drag her back to my cave hahahaha! :))

• lol the latter part I certainly didn't do ;) it was a gentle pick up & luckily I work out cause she's pretty tall & heavy but SO soft ;) More of a swipe & swing than a bash & drag ;)