Has anyone else noticed that young people who dress and act posh, usually live paycheck to paycheck, or are just rich and stupid?

Would you want to date such people?
I personally perceive themselves to not only be really silly and careless about their future, but also rather arrogant with a false sense of self-worth and pride. I don't think I'd be compatible with such people. What about yourself?

Most Helpful Girl

• I am not quite sure what "acting posh" means, but I dress very well, I like expensive things, and I've been told I'm stuck up, arrogant, and materialistic. I'd guess that I probably fit in this category to some degree or another. I don't live paycheck to paycheck. I have more money than many people, but I wouldn't call myself rich. (Correction - my parents have more money than many people. My parents still support most of my life. But I do save my own money as well.) I'm definitely not stupid. I haven't necessarily noticed this as more the case with so called "posh" people than any other group. I've encountered an abundance of stupid, ignorant, low class, financially unstable and irresponsible people who can't dress for shit and act what would be the exact opposite of "posh".

I do prefer people who may be considered posh. I'm a tad bit classist/elitist I suppose. I find that people who come from good families (financially successful, stable families) are often much more pleasant to be around, more visually appealing (dress better, elegance, refinement, often more attractive), are far more educated about the world and have had more access to other cultural experiences because they have the money to travel. Also, I think there's less of a hunger and drive for money when you're born with it. I notice lower class people who want to belong in higher class circles often seem desperate to get there. The rest of us just kind of belong by default.

But I'm open to different types of people. I definitely couldn't date someone who is turned off by my lifestyle or "posh" ways. If thats a problem for you, then find someone else. You won't connect with everyone, its natural to prefer certain values and lifestyles in people. Welcome to planet earth, enjoy your stay.

What Girls Said 3

• I would say no.. people who act rich and posh just aren't my cup of tea..it's almost as if they are shouting to the world that they're upper class or something, and that just purely shows how insecure they are about themselves. My boyfriend and I were both from private schools, and I can say when I hung out with my friends out of school, I just loved being treated the same way and being able to hang out with everyone without being self conscious. I think that people who pretend to be posh and rich are lonely peeps in a way lol

I dated my boyfriend doesn't act as though he's different from others and he isn't stuck up.. although I must say most of his clothes are quite expensive but he wears them in a simple, non-eye-catching way without flaunting his wealth if you know what I mean. :) And.. he is serious about his future and studies pretty hard in uni and I'm volunteering abroad with him this yr so he has a kind heart lol :D

Being from a private school (I'm not rich), I can say that some rich girls are plain stupid, go shopping after school instead of doing homework, spend Saturday nights getting drunk, posting heaps of selfies online, of themselves and their belongings lol

• I'm billionaire :D that doesn't mean I act "posh" ...***)

• No I have never thought this.

What Guys Said 3

• Well, no I've never noticed.

Although I do live paycheck to paycheck. Not because I don't make money. But because I want to. All my bills and expenses are taken care of first. Then I do whatever I want with whatever is left over. Why? Why not? You can't take it with you.

• I am plenty compatible with those who wish to attempt to look socially respectable simply because the people who dress well and tend to appear socially respectable tend to be the most attractive. Sort of ironic.

• I dress like that and I'm definitely not arrogant nor do i have a false sense of self worth or pride. I dress like that because I'm stylish and it's just how i like to dress.