Is it true that for guys "once a cheater, always a cheater"?

I'm just curious if guys never change.. I dated a guy, we had been together for awhile, and no matter what we did that day or night, I would always find him looking up porn, talking to other girls.. etc.

What's your opinion?

Most Helpful Guy

• Guys like this are not really showing you the respect you deserve, especially talking to other girls secretly, so really, if he can do this to you, then really, you need to ask yourself, "is it worth it, or is he worth it, because you should be saying, your worth more, x

What Guys Said 9

• human's are capable of change. it can be hard and not everyone is capable of it but to say that 'once a cheater always a cheater' is to suggest that humans are incapable of change.

as for your ex it sounds like he has a lot of insecurity or sexual issues he needs to work. is it possible for him to change? yes, but first he needs to want to change and then make the effort

• No, it's not true for "guys". If it's true at all, it's for BOTH genders.

• HELL NO
    if you're talking about a) being married + b) having sex with others b/c the right gal WILL change him permanently
    that said,
    porn, flirting, oogling are guy sports, not cheating and with us forever until we die, so the best a gal can do is either join in or divert attention to more palatable activities if possible
    The day we stop "being bad" = the day you stop getting action from us to you... maybe a blue pill might help?

• Many people don't consider 'looking at porn' and 'talking to girls' cheating.

• I wouldn't say looking at p*rn is cheating, you can't get physical with a computer screen. And as long as he is not actively flirting i wouldn't say thats cheating either.

• People mature and change. People grow bored of their old habits as well.

• It's normal. Only abnormal thing was that you discovered it.
    You must look for shy guys...

• Haha are shy guys not into that stuff or something?

• They are...i am shy but i watch porn, stare at beauties and masturbate. My specialty is that i am still virgin even though i think of sex.
      The only thing is confident ones will be successful and practically follow his fantasies with more possible chicks and may cheat while shyer ones tends to remain loyal to one even if he likes many women..

• This is correct. People are just a certain way. You can't change them.

• You're overgeneralizing.

Sure, some people may always be a cheater, but not ever cheater is, and it's not just guys. Pretty sure the "once a cheater, always a cheater" applies to the girl I'm interested in, too.

What Girls Said 3

• I believe that people do change, but old habits die hard. Haha. So I would personally never date a cheater because that would make me uncomfortable. I would constantly be thinking about who he is with etc. it's not something I want in a relationship.

• There is usually a reason why people cheat. Often it has little to do with their partners.
    So yes they tend to repeat

• No, you may have to be a bit cautious, however, just because someone does something once doesn't mean they'll do it again.