Am I an idiot?

Last month this girl I kinda liked said that she had an extra ticket to a concert and I said that I didn't want to go because I didn't like the band. So, who thinks I'm an idiot?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, you you really like her then make an effort to appreciate her interests and take advantage of those opportunities. So you're kind of an idiot.

But, you don't HAVE to go to all concerts or accept all invitations. It's important to be yourself, and if part of you're identity is someone who would NEVER be seen at a hip hop concert, then be yourself and be proud of it. Especially if you only kinda like her; use your own brain and judgment, and feel proud of your choices. So not that big of an idiot.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• I was going to say yes, but I think motorboater's answer has me turned around. If you don't like them, then not only are you not being true to yourself, but you also might be miserable when you are there. And that wouldn't have helped. That's bad luck, though, why couldn't she have better taste in music?

• I don't think you are an idiot! But you could have handled it a lot better! You could have simply said that you are not into that band, but because you kinda like her you would be willing to go to spend some time with her. That would make you seem cool and seem open to try things she likes.