I'm scared to date again. Any advice? Please help?

Last year, I dated this guy and things were going well for a while. He was my best friend and he already knew me so it was so awesome. "Good things don't last forever". We ended it more on a neutral note, but afterwards, he acted as if nothing happened. He said that we could try to build our friendship again, but that didn't happen. Now, a year later, I'm finding myself falling for another guy. My friends even think we will go out. He stares at me in class at times and when we talk, he stares into my eyes. His pupils dilated a few times so I know that's good. I was thinking about asking him out, but that little part of me keeps saying " Don't do it. Don't be that foolish girl from last year." Another part of me is saying "Let go and forget about him! He's in your past for a reason!" I don't want to make the same mistake twice. I really like him and I feel like he likes me too. I don't know what to do. I don't want to sit back and watch him fade away from me because he doesn't think I like him. At the same time, I don't want to take a "Leap Of Faith" and then things go downhill.

• Go for it! The past doesn't matter!
  • Don't do it. You're about to make the same mistake.

Most Helpful Guy

• The past shapes and defines our present selfs but don't let it dominate your future.

What Guys Said 2

• Put the past behind you but take things slow and ask him to respect you for that idea

• You can't change the past but you can build a future. Stop living in the past. It is not healthy !

What Girls Said 0