Put my arm around my date, but no reaction?

We were sitting eating icecreams together when I put my arm around her shoulder.

Might I add that when I wanted to pay for the icecream she said "I'll pay for it" and then after I objected, she paid for it anyway, so I thanked her and told her I'd pay the next time.

I was expecting some sort of reaction, but when it didn't happen for around 20 seconds I figured it was a bad sign.
So I stood up trying to play it off.

Was it a bad sign?

On the one hand she let me put my arm around her, but on the other hand she didn't react at all.

Already whatsapped her a bit, haven't asked for a second date yet.
But she seems positive (fast reactions, fun reactions).

Most Helpful Girl

• Hard to say, is she shy? Inexperienced with men? What exactly did you expect her to do, grab your crotch?

• Well, we kissed a couple of days ago. That's why I wanted to go on a date with her.

She is confident.

• Well put it this way, she didn't move away so I think you are ok

What Girls Said 7

• What are you expecting us to do when you put your arm around us? Maybe she's just shy.

• Show some interest? Like at least lean into the person.

But I guess I understand your point.

• she's SHY! Dont worry too much! she's a strong woman. She wants you to know she holds her own. Or she feels shy and awkward for you to pay for her.. Wait a day and text her to go out again for dinner. And this time while she's not looking for in the bathroom pay for it!! ;) Always works...

• She might still be deciding how she feels about you. She doesn't want to reject you or lead you on at this point.

• i was awkward and unsure of how to react to that for a long time.

• Even if you like him?

And what else would you prefer then?

• holding my hand

• Yea I did that briefly too haha :P

• Did you do it awkwardly?

• She could be shy and not know how to react to you.

This guy did a similar thing to me and I didn't like him back and I kind of angled my body away a little until he stopped. It was a little awkward lol

My point is that if she didn't want you touching her you would know. Even if she's being polite and doesn't want you to touch her (like I did with that guy) she will let you know through little things like body language

• Yea, she thankfully didn't do that though.

• I think you're good then!

• Yea hehe. And if not, at least there is no awkwardness. So it's win-win! ;)

• I never know how to react when guys do this.

What Guys Said 0