Girls: Would you find it weird if a guy introduced himself by saying he thinks you are really pretty (He means it honestly) and wants to talk to you?

Girls: Would you find it weird if a guy introduced himself by saying he thinks you are really pretty (He means it honestly) and wants to talk to you

• Yes it would be weird
  • No it would not be weird
  • I would be flatterred
Would it make a difference if he was attractive
Refreshing

Most Helpful Girl

• Not at all!!

Guys have done this to me actually and it is the most flattering thing you could say to a girl you just met…especially if it's genuine and she can see that.

One time a guy did this to me and it still sticks out in my mind…To be honest, he wasn't particularly attractive, but he came up to me and said, "excuse me…I just had to tell you that you are gorgeous." I was so flattered I didn't know what to say at first. I thanked him and we talked for awhile and that was that. He just walked off. Sure, I might not have been attracted to him, but I certainly gained a LOT of respect for him for doing that (I wouldn't be able to do that to a guy) and was very appreciative.

What Girls Said 62

• I have people telling me that I'm pretty 24/7 at my job by men and women of all ages. Being told I'm attractive really doesn't lube up my vagina or make my heart melt.

Personally I'm more flattered by a guy who simply introduces himself and has an interest in getting to know me. Chances are if he's going out of his way to interact with me, he finds me physically appealing to some degree, thus there isn't a reason for him to drool on himself while explain how my looks are to his standards. It gets annoying when guys can't think of anything else to say, besides "You're pretty, I WANNA TALK TO YOU!" I find it childish and lacking in any significance. Kind of like a barely PC are you "DTF".

I just enjoy adults who know how to socialize. I've always felt that it is inappropriate to comment on someone's looks who you don't know. I save my compliments for the date.

• definitely flattered! but more than that I'd be extremely impressed. it's refreshing! many guys spend so much time with their pickup lines and more often than not it just feels like a silly beginning conversation and I spend the whole time waiting for them to get to the part where they tell me what they want. lol. I would be really impressed that he was just straightforward and honest and didn't worry about getting rejected. it tells me he is comfortable being himself - which is really attractive

if he's good looking...+200 points ;)

• All girls are different. Personally I find it uncomfortable.

I work as a cashier, and when people start with something like that, or "hey beautiful", or if they even ask if I'm single within the first few minutes of our meeting, it makes things awkward for me. When I have great conversations with guys I really don't mind if they throw a by the way compliment in before they leave, but to start off that way is too strong--at least for me it is. In my general rule of thumb, if a guy comes off too strong in the beginning, he tires out through the race. I'd wait a few conversations.

• ... you are cutting yourself from a lot of good potential... 2/3 of the time I open a random conversation... but you gotta be smart and know that weather he opens a conversation or complement your beauty... he did not talk to you just casually.. there is a pretty good chance he did talk to you because he thought you are cute... The rest is just a game... an act.. and there is noting wrong with loving a game.. I am just saying it should not be a deal breaker if you like a guy

• I don't necessarily like a guy on our first meeting. I don't trust people easily, both a curse and a gift. The fact that you see it as a game is the exact reason as to why I'd be uncomfortable. I can over-analyze the hell out of a person complimenting me or buttering me up for something. That's just the way I am, and just how I see the world.

I mean, there are a few things you can pick up off of a guy who comes on that strong. Example, if they came on with compliments or over-eagerness, I'd assume they lacked the patience of playing the entire game and would simply want to have sex and be done with it. And maybe he's not after just sex, but what about if we started to date, and he lacked patience in other means?

Honestly, I rate a lot on first meetings. Doesn't mean I don't provide opportunity for second meetings, but I take things into account for later.

• I would not only be flattered but also impressed that he had the guts to approach me, because not many guys do that nowadays. They often admire from a distance rather than growing a pair of balls and approaching a really pretty girl without fretting about rejection. When the guy is attractive, it just makes the flattering 100 times better! But if he isn't, I still respect him for being brave enough to be honest!

• not weird but i rather the guy want to get to know me bc of a vibe he gets or something i said. obviously he wouldn't be intested if he wasn't physically attracted to me, so id like the reason that he wants to get to know me as apposed to some other attractive person is bc of things i have something to do with. not things beyond my control.

• I'm an Australian girl, so my opinion will fare differently to other girls from other countries, but this has happened to me before, at first I was shocked and felt a little awkward, but I managed to mumble thanks quickly and look away a little out of shyness. However, it didn't stop me from communicating with him, so give it a go and let us know how it went :)

• I would be flattered, unless he looked like he was about to eat/kill/rape me! :) This is actually a very good way to approach a girl if you like her. That way she's not guessing about what you think about her and she can respond either way without accidentally leading you on.

• Id be prob embarrass and taken aback since that not what I expect as a first meeting. But thank him and appreciate the comment and hope if he does mean it will get to know each other. And conversant.

• Guess it's just me, but I was under the impression that at least 90% of the guys (at least in Western countries) were already doing exactly that... It would be weird if I still found it weird, but tbh I don't really believe it (I'm not good with compliments though).

Obviously if you look good or not makes all the difference.

• Yes, this has happened to me. It's flattering and sweet. :) You should do it if you mean it and say it in an honest way but be prepared to pick up the conversation after she says "thanks/sure" because she'll probably be taken aback. But I think it's a good approach.

• I would be absolutely flattered :)
    I love guys that are honest about their feelings and attraction towards a girl. Every girl likes being called pretty.

• As long as he is around my age I would be very flattered. It doesn't happen much unless it is my boyfriend so it would make me feel really good.

• I would be very flattered when someone would say that to me. Honesty is never misplaced, of course. It does make a difference if he was attractive or not. When the man was attractive, I wouldn't believe him. Instead, I would think this is 'his' pick-up line, and that he uses it to flirt with every attractive woman he sees.

• I'd prefer it if he didn't put so much emphasis on my looks in the first sentence he ever said to me. Would make me feel slightly cornered and a bit too self-conscious.

• Well, I'd probably suspect something at first, since I'm not a looker. But I would say thank you and try talking to him first.

• I selected C but I vote B and C.

Why would we find a compliment weird, I'll take anyone I can get and I'd find it sweet and would moost likely blush and say thank you =)

• Depends on how he says that and if he's attractive or not.

• What would be a good way of saying it?

• I don't mind. If he's laughing, instead of smiling. Or if it seems that he's joking. It's hard to explain without seeing it.

• True words spoken right here!

• nopesss evry other guy does that so nnot weird, but it would be a pickup line used so very often, try soemhting new

• If they say that off the bat, I feel as though they haven't even got to know me yet and they already find me sexually attractive.

• Being told you are pretty makes any and every girl happy. All girls would be so flattered by this gesture! However, it's how you execute the rest of the conversation. I would be curious as to what else you have to say and why you were so intrigued to talk to me. And as shallow as it is, attractiveness is a factor. Lots of girls think lots of different men are attractive though :)

• "And as shallow as it is, attractiveness is a factor."
      I hesitate to call it shallow. It's human.

"Being told you are pretty makes any and every girl happy. All girls would be so flattered by this gesture"
      How would you then account for the few women on this board who answered they would be creeped out? It would seem most women find it flattering, but not all.

"Lots of girls think lots of different men are attractive though :)"
      Well, I generally agree with that, but I have a friend with FAS. He is disfigured. Thus far no woman has found him physically attractive. My brother's late friend had osteogenisis imperfecta. She died a virgin in her 50s. No man ever found her attractive. I wrote a question about this. Perhaps you'd like to take a look at it.

• With most things in life it depends. I know some girls that would find that weird. As for me as long as you truly mean what you're saying, I don't mind. I feel like you're quite a "brave" guy to come up to me and actually make it known that you'd like to get to know me. I think it's alright as long as i've seen you around school before or something along those lines.

• that's normal. happens at least once a week. im fine with it. compliments are always nice

• No!! give me mawr compliments :o

• i honestly get bothered when guys focus mainly on looks as a reason why he wants to talk to me. proves that guys are all visual. obviously i want him to be attracted, but throw in a REAL reason you want to get to know me as in i seem funny or cool or whatever.

plus, like all other girls are saying it just depends on who is saying it. it can be annoying/creepy or cute all depending on who you are and how you come across.

• I'd be really flattered and think he's a sweet guy, and it'd probably make my day. It's a lot better than seeing a guy and being too scared to say anything because you're afraid he'll think you're ugly or something.

• It's not weird but it won't get you anywhere with that girl. The only time I find it flattering is when it's a sincere compliment and not someone hitting on me, otherwise it is awkward and cliche. Strike up a conversation instead, and make sure you have confidence. Confidence is key.

• I would be Absulutely flattered. I love being told how pretty I am. It boosts my confidence. I'd be flattered as long as it's not "You're so sexy, I wanna f*** you". That would be a huge turn off but being told how beautiful or pretty I look is great and a huge turn on!

• No is love it guys are wimps now a days and if a guy did that to me , I'd be attracted by his confidence. Don't do it to much though girls pick up on guys that are fake

• It's flattering when someone comes up to you and tells you you're pretty, I wouldn't be creeped out if he was around my age.

• it's ok when they say that

• More from Girls
    32

What Guys Said 12

• Depends how often she's complimented on her looks.

Very attractive girls take it for granted and likely want to be seen as something other than a pretty face.

• Low investment compliment works fine, eg: you look very nice as compared to you look really beautiful. Heavy=putting girls on pedestal

• Some will like it and be grateful. The ones who wouldn't appreciate it are ones you don't want any way because they are most likely entitled and stuck up.

• if you're attractive, this intro can be enough. if you're not attractive it's going to take a better intro / game than this.

• It won't work with every women bro. Unless you are a Hollywood star , don't approach any girl this way.
    It might work on some women.. But how would you know? That's why...
    But if you are a risk taker... It should work with some trials :)

• I called a girl cute once. She laughed at me and told me to get loss.

• that should not stop you... that is only one... and she was not attracted to you and she was rude.. you should not really care what she thinks... keep doing what you were doing

• Its happened more than once. That's why I don't talk as much, I get dirty looks so I give them back.

• Depends on the individual girl's personality and if she finds you attractive or not.

So its basically the same as every other approach.

• It works all the time for me :)

• That is a good approach

• It depends on the woman.

Attractive women, or should I say, very pretty women will likely see a guy that uses that approach as unchallenging and "nice." And most of the time, the guy is given a lame excuse or his number ends up in the garbage

Trust me, most guys would be alarmed by the things many pretty women say about them following approaches where such lines were used.

Incidentally, many guys that you use that approach usually aren't very successful with "pretty" women on a consistent basis.

An average or slightly above average women, on the other hand, will likely think its quite the compliment.

Of course this does not apply to all, it's just my personal observation of the women I personally interact with.

• Any woman with a decent head on her shoulders will appreciate the honesty. Women that have issues with men will be creeped out, so it is a great way to sort out the crazies.

• Depends.

Is he white?

Tall?

Good looking?