What do you think if when you call he doesn't answer, but when you text he'll text back?

What do you think it means when your significant other of 2 years disappears for the night and you call and call and call and he only responds in text messages? No matter what I said or did he would not pick up the phone we were in a fight but still after hours don't you think its kinda shady? I mean obviously someone was in the room who he didn't want to know he was talking to me. Has this ever happened to anyone else? Oh, it gets worse! Yesterday, he tells me he is coming over in the am and then doesn't show and so I call him and he says he is still coming. Then I call him to tell him I'm going to get some breakfast and no answer. No response thru text either. Nothing for hours and after hours of me calling repeatedly. I mean one after another. He still doesn't answer. Finally I get a text message saying" obviously I'm doing something .Stop tripping!" yeah! Then after an hour I get another text saying he is in the emergency room for his tooth ache. All the while not answering my phone calls. I tell him just answer the phone and he keeps sending texts. I had to break up with him in a text because he wouldn't answer. He has priors and promised he wouldn't do this to me again. Oh and then he gets mad at me for not trusting him. Would you trust someone who did this , after they have been busted before chilling with some girl.?Am I in the wrong?

Most Helpful Guy

• You are ablsolutely in the right about everything except questioning yourself about it. Sounds like it's way past time for you to move on. Get him completely out of your life, and find a man who respects you, and makes you the same priority in your life that you make him. Nuff said.

• Sorry. Should read, "makes you the same priority in HIS life".

What Guys Said 1

• Well I'd say that first you were pretty much annoying him while he was doing something.. but then since he's done things in the past, he's already to be the type to do things behind your back.

I understand why you would feel this way, so the best thing you could do is confront him. Ask clear questions and ask for clear answers and if he can't answer them correctly then there's obviously something he's hiding.

What Girls Said 5

• I don't think you're in the wrong at all. Its all really shady. If he couldn't answer his phone then he was either with someone or at a place that he didn't want you to know about (like a loud party). If he's had past history of doing things that look sneaky then I'm not so sure I'd trust him much if I was you. Him not answering his phone for awhile sounds real sneaky. Yea he couldve fallen asleep, but he shouldve still gave you a heads up about it. I'm not sure what kind of hospital he went to but every emergency I've ever been in gets the worse reception, so checking your phone and texting is hard to do.

I think you should back away from him. Yea that's going to be hard and it'll hurt but I think it'll tell you if he's serious about your relationship or not. If he runs back to you and tries to get into contact then it shows how much he wants it. He needs to fight for you instead of putting you through sneaky things like that

• I think he is trying to get you to break-up with him, because he isn't in the mood to be in a relationship anymore. He is doing things that he missed doing while he was single, and that is why he isn't answering while he is doing these things. Yeah, these things might include flirting with other girls, and drinking a lot. So, if I was you I would just set the kid free-obviously that is what he wants. If you are the only person that wants to be in a relationship, there is going to be much more of this to come.

• texting can be a cop-out, a way to hide/avoid communication. He's not being very considerate and he needs more accountability!

• It sounds like he is with another girl. I've been through this before and that was the case.

• girl this sh*t happend to me last year and he was cheating on me mutherfuker... they just keep digging themselves a big ass hole don't trust a word this fool says its all bullsh*t he was obviously with someone else or somewhere he should have been.. just don't answer his calls ur texts there's always someone better out there anyways...