Guys, have you ever wanted to take it slow with a girl?

Most guys are pretty eager early in the relationship to "get the ball rolling". Are there any guys out there that still enjoy courting the girl? Guys that want to date the girl slowly and take the relationship slowly? How do you know if a guy is like this? Any input is great.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes.

I never understood how people can engage in the most intimate act imaginable with someone they've barely known (four dates isn't enough time to really know someone, in my opinion).

How to know if other guys think like me?

I like to read and think a lot, and I'm not very impulsive. I often say I'm like one of the Ents from the Lord of the Rings. If I were to consider having sex with someone, I would have to weigh all the pros and cons, and think about it, and weigh them some more, etc.

Find a career oriented guy. I think career oriented guys are long term planners, so they're less apt to be searching for instant gratification.

You're more likely to meet these kinds of guys at a college or university than you are at the club.

What Guys Said 8

• Well, sort of. However, I have to say that the best relationships I've had are generally with women whose clothes I want to tear off, but I was willing to wait because *SHE* wanted to take things slowly...and so I did.

• I usually always take it slow, her preferences aside. I'm usually quite patient. However, I do expect the ball to keep progressing, even if it's only moving at a snail's pace. That's my weakness. A lot of girls will take the pace slow but then they either stop or reverse the pace, which frustrates me.

• They'll go as far as the girl will allow them to go. So you are in control of how fast or slow things will go. Slow it down!

• Yeah.

The trouble with getting the ball rolling is what if you want it to stop? I'd much rather take it slow to gauge whether we're on the same emotional/mental plane before proceeding. If I'm sure about that, then tear up the fucking highway!

• Maybe, if they don't have a speedier option.

• I'd like this but I can't hardly even get a girl on a date in the first place. This is how I would like things to go and you can tell me if you would like this. I do dating sites so I would like to message her a few times getting to know her and also have her actually ask things about me in return which I've found girls rarely do, they rely on the guy to do it all. Then we would go on a date that I setup and pay for and we just once again get to know each other slowly with no pressure. Honestly we don't even have to call it a date. We can just hang out and see what happens. I could find that the girl is totally pshyco and I don't even like her. Basically we would go on like five or so dates over the course of maybe a month and a half before we decide to be bf/gf. etc. I don't really think that's too fast. Or I could get her number and we text message occasionally and we naturally get to know each other over the course of a few months by checking in once a week and seeing how everything is going. I talk to one girl on a phone app and we've been talking for like 6 months and slowly have gotten to know one another. Of course we won't ever meet cause she lives in another state. I still think it's nice that she responds back and talks to me. She's really nice.

• Most girls either move way too fast for me. If I try to take it slow that the relationships never goes anywhere. After trial and error I have learned to move fast, because women clearly prefer that. I really do wish we could slow it down more, without the relationship dying as a result.

• Bluemax made my point. I always went crazier for a hot girl that made me wait a bit longer. Oh the explosions!

What Girls Said 2

• I want to know the result of this question

• Yea tons. The ones who rush want the badoody