Why do so many girls describe themselves as "sarcastic" in their personal ads?

It's like they don't know the meaning of the word sarcasm. Which is:

1. harsh or bitter derision or irony.
2. a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark.

Not exactly an attribute you would look for in a date. I don't know if they mistake it for dry wit or what, but who would want to date someone who is actually sarcastic?

Most Helpful Girl

• http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sarcasm

I describe myself as sarcastic because that is exactly what I am. I dont want to attract people who would have an issue with that, and I love sarcastic guys as well. It would be dishonest not to mention it. I'd feel bad for the guy who hates sarcasm but then tries to date me. He wouldn't last very long lol

Then again, I'm not using personal ads. Shit hasn't gotten that real yet.

• So you give men harsh, bitter, sneering remarks?

You may not be using personal ads now but someday, when you're not so young and cute anymore, you will place some very desperate ones..

• Okay, thanks. Cheers, love.

What Girls Said 2

What Guys Said 5

• They think if they're bitchy to men, men will want them.

Ironic, women assuming that the opposite gender is just like their own. Like how women brag about their jobs like it's a dating feature. No man that is doing okay and can support himself will care about a girl's career.

• Not true; who wants a girl who will just leech off you and spend your money? If she is sensible, its OK if she doesn't have a good job, but if she is one of those who spends large amounts of money on show-off crap to impress others, she better be making those bucks on her own.

• They do it to put men off - it's the same reason they mentioned the words "princess" and "YOLO" and "feminist".

• Just translate it to "I'm bad at telling jokes"

• Well that describes females perfectly..

• Dey ain't be actin all sarcastic when my meat splits their cheeks