Would a guy be considered an a** hole for breaking up his "girlfriend" if he realized "she" was born a guy?

Would a guy be considered an ass hole for breaking up his "girlfriend" if he realized "she" was born a guy

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Most straight men and straight women wouldn't date a transgender person. It is only normal that it would make you feel weird. Most people don't actually believe that you can change your gender through surgery, even if the law claims that you can. Some will try to shame you, but how you feel matters, and you shouldn't be shamed into staying with someone you don't feel comfortable with.

What Girls Said 9

• If you're really interested in the nuances of such a situation, I recommend watching Hit or Miss. It's on Netflix.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hit_%26_Miss

• Ooh.. Yes and no.

Yes because of you love the shim and shim lives you then why breakup? It shouldn't matter who you love, it's from the heart.

And

No. Shim should have been honest from the get go about who and what they are with communication and honesty. It wouldn't hurt to remain friends though..

• That is something that she should have told you in the first place. You are NOT an ass just for being uncomfortable about it.

• The girl is an asshole for waiting so long to confess

• If the person wasn't forthcoming about getting a sex change when the relationship started you would have every right to break up. That's a huge secret to hide.

• I mistakenly clicked on yes.. I think no.

• Nope, I don't think so

• It wouldn't be wrong at all. The person should have been honest from the beginning. That's really deceptive.

• Not at all when they lied to you or not lied they just weren't honest. You're only being true to who you are and if that's not something that interests you, you in no way should be judged for it. It's your prerogative

What Guys Said 8

• Yes, but he could say that she was dishonest and that he can't be in a relationship with secrets and trust issues

• No, I don't think that makes him a bad person. It's not the most PC stance in the world, but I also would not be interested in dating a transgender woman.

• Not really. I think it's deceptive for someone who was born as a guy, who is now a woman to not inform her partner early on in the relationship. ESPECIALLY if all the surgeries aren't complete.

• No. If the woman who was born male wasn't honest about it with someone they had a relationship with than it's an issue.

• S (he) would be the asshole for not telling you, it might even be a legal requirement...

• Although it's her/his right to be who he/she wants to or feels like being, I believe that should the man/woman he/she is dating be straight... He/she NEEDS to know about the trans before sexual inter course takes place.

• If he realised, implies she didn't tell him.

And I would say that's a good reason to break up.

But if she told him and was upfront about it... then yeah, it's a bit of an asshole move. Not a big one though. I'm sure they'd both get over it.

• Not at all. She, I mean he never told you in the first place that's her fault if you had known it and you break up with her I'm sorry him for that reason, then you're an asshole.