Why will my bf never buy me anything when I want it but if he wants it he has no problem with money?

My bf and i have been dating for 9 months and started living together after 2 months of dating as he is the one that asked me to move in. We fight more then most couples do at 9 months I'm sure. But one of the big reasons is because I am insecure (as he makes me feel like that sometimes) and i have trust issues from guys in my past and a few things from when we have been dating. He makes me feel insecure because he gets turned on easily and sometimes will flirt. Which makes me feel like I'm not good enough or skinny like the other girls. With the trusting issues I have questioned him about cheating on me because I had that feeling but he said he never has and never will. He broke up with his ex gf because she cheated on him. He cheated on her when they first started dating but they dated for 3 years so that was awhile ago and he said he hasn't done it since. When I thought he was lying about something I found out he was telling the truth instead. For one example I thought he was texting this girl so he showed me his phone bill and I didn't see anything on it. I think I'm just use to the assholes in my past as one guy I was with was hanging with other girls while we were hanging out. We never dated but felt like we were. He can be a smartass/jerk sometimes too. Which i know it runs in his family. Another thing is is that he bought his gf 500 autostart for Christmas one year and not sure what other things he bought her. But since we been dating for 9 months he has bought me flowers, wireless Internet Whem we first started dating and a tshirt. Whenever I ask him to buy me something he says I have no money. Which sometimes he doesn't have much but he has a card he can put it on just like when he wants something he has no problem with getting it.
So my question is why doesn't he ever wanna buy anything when I want it but if he wants it then it's all fine?

Most Helpful Guy

• Because it's HIS money and he has no obligation to spend it on YOU. If you want something, work for it like everyone else.

• It's hard to believe women are soo delusional. Borderline mental illness.

• "Borderline" is being generous, haha.

• You cannot expect a guy to buy you ANYTHING. Everything he buys you should be on his own accord and you should appreciate it. If you ask him to buy you something, it's crossing a line, IMO.

What Guys Said 3

• you should stop asking him to buy you things, because you're well on your way to sounding like a gold digger...
    consider those gifts as extras. when he does give you something, cherish it. but you shouldn't expect much. besides, it is his money after all and he doesn't have to spend it for you.
    just wait it out.. it's only been 9 months so you can't really compare it with the 3yr relationship he had with his ex.

• He spends his money on his own things. He expects you to do the same

• dont keep asking for things. if you REALLLLLLY want something, point it out, but don't just keep saying oo i want that, and that and that etc..

What Girls Said 3

• Maybe because you keep asking. If you are constantly on to a guy about buying you stuff it makes you look like a gold digging spoilt brat. He is under no obligation to buy you something just because you think he should. Plus its much more appealing when you buy
    something for someone simply because, not because they badger you.
    ?
    If you want something why don't you just buy it

• He has a gf meaning your the other woman. It's because he cares for her more than his side piece. by the way it's his money and if your the side piece you can easily be replaced.

• What you mean the other woman? It was his ex gf I was talking about and she is getting married.

• Oh ok in that case than your bf is a user.

• How is he a user? I'm just curious

• Because he's not your atm