Which gender has to risk their confidence to find a date?

Which gender has to risk their confidence to find a date? I think its easy to have and maintain confidence when you don't ever have to risk or use it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Both, mostly guys though. They are the ones who have to ask the girls out. The thing is, girls experience rejection too. We also take it a lot more personally than guys. I know if I see a guy I like and he doesn't talk to me or would even laugh at me it cuts deep. Girls have to ask guys for their numbers too, and when we start talking to guys like texting and stuff a lot of guys suddenly just stop texting you. That is the worst, and a lot of girls take that really hard. A lot of girls try to get guys numbers too, and we have to try to get you to ask us on a date, or if we're ballsy enough we have to ask you out. I honestly think it's more equal. A lot of people would say guys, but it really depends.

What Girls Said 2

• Guys mostly I would say though there are always exceptions to the rule

• Generally guys, but there are girls who do it too.

What Guys Said 2

• You've gotta be completely blind to think women have to risk more confidence then men do when it comes to dating.

We're the ones who have to hear the word, "No."

I'm talking about in the general, traditional sense, plenty of girls approach, and to be honest, they're the ones I respect as an equal when it comes to courting, not the ones who sit around, afraid to be crushed by social stigma and their own fear of rejection.

• Men, of course.