Why does he tell me not to wear make up and wear my hair down?

There's this man I'm going on date with and he doesn't want me to wear make up , my hair down. To be honest I find it a bit rude really like he says people will be nicer to me if I wear no make up. I don't no any girls that leave there house without any make up also he told me to dress very casual , when I go on a date I like to put a bit of effort in not go out like I'm going for a jog do you think this is rude?

Most Helpful Guy

• The guy seems a bit controlling, and the things he says aren't true for all guys; it's really based on personal preference. Some guys respect girls that don't wear make-up more, some don't. Some guys like girls who dress up, others don't. It sounds like this guy it just telling you what he likes, but he does sound like he's being a bit rude about it. It's really up to you whether or not you should listen to his suggestions; it's not his place to tell you how to look :P On the other hand, if you really like the guy, why not indulge his interests?

What Guys Said 4

• 'nicer to you' sounds weird. No makeup and hair down is a compliment? Means you don't need it and hair down just looks better imo. It sounds like he's saying "You really don't need makeup, your hair looks better down and you don't need to go through all this work for me because I find you attractive without it."

• You shouldn't look like you just got out of bed, but you also shouldn't be dressing as if you are going to a wedding. he probably told you no makeup because he thinks you're naturally pretty and dont need to add anything. why do women not leave without some sort of makeup on. he probably also prefers girls hair down, a lot of men do

• Ummm dat bic jooocy Bombin' titz O_O'

• Wearingroper clothes and nice make up isn't rude. I don't know why they would think like dat

• Because you look better that way.

What Girls Said 6

• he's showing signs of a controlling personality. he shouldn't be asking u to alter ur appearance. obviously he liked it enough to want to date you. besides you have to have a lot of nerve to tell a grown person to change their style for you

• well from you avi, I can understand why he would,

• He is taking you to s nice casual place

• Well if you don't feel comfortable, don't go

• im straight but she looks great

• He shouldn't care about how other people see you as. Aslong as he know who you are deep down, then who cares what other think? He seems more focused in your appearance and how other will view him for being with such a girl

• I could understand if he tells you to cover up if you are letting your tits and ass hanging out. This still be coming from someone who wouldn't want to get into a fight with any guy sexually harrassing you and trying to shiw he will love you even with sweats. But in all is what makes you comfortable and Happy

• He's the insecure controlling type

• It sounds like you're not his type. Which is why this is very confusing. Why is he with you if you're not his type? He's obviously into girl-next-doors who dress casually and wear no makeup. I don't get why he would date you if you are the opposite of what he is attracted to.

• you dont want to be with someone like that. he's a douche. forget him.