How long should you wait in between messages to send someone a new one, is 3 or 4 hours between messages too soon?

Also, can a long distance relationship really truly work?

• Yes, it can
  • No, they don't normally work.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd just suggest that you respond whenever it feels right and when you want to. Don't pay too much attention to too many of these silly rules that people always cite.

Best of luck to you, by the way! :-)

What Girls Said 6

• Respond back when you want to. If you get the message there's nothing wrong with responding back after you read it. But if your wanting an estimated time then 5 min to 30min is fine. 3 hrs is a little too long, I would think that my boyfriend was too busy to respond back to me so late.

I believe long distance relationships work depending how strong the relationship is between the couple. If there's patience , lots of communication and understanding and great trust and honesty then you'll have no problem. My uncle has been with his wife since high school. She went out of state to a university and he worked in town and would visit her or she visited him, talked and wrote letters and mailed gifts. Their celebrating their 20th anniversary in a few months and they have 2 boys. With technology like texting and Skype it should make things better and little easier.
    I hope everything works out for you.

• I am one of the persons who believed in long distance relationship. This way is very challenging and we always love challenge. In a long distance relationship is where you can test your patience. If you really love the person , you won't mind of being apart from each other as long as you both know that your hearts are one. One thing I love for being in a long distance relationship is you can individually do everything you wants. Just trust each other and each day you are longing to see each other and when that day would come is really the best feeling you would ever had. :)

• That's too long. Send a reply after you read it. Why make a game out of this? Wouldn't you get tired after a while?

• I agree with another poster that waiting hours between messages is infuriating.
    I've blocked notifications from a guy that was doing this to me because it was too aggravating, I just didn't want to hear back from him anymore at one point.
    Be real, and you will receive a real and working relationship no matter what the distance.

• Long distance relationships can work, but you have to put a LOT of effort in and Id say you have to visit that person at least once a year. As far as messaging goes. I have a friend who lives in Australia who likes to travel and I message him a few seconds after he messages me, Unless of course Im sleeping then itll be a few hrs.

• It infuriates me when guys take a long time to respond to messages.

And I think most long distance relationships don't work. Still, some do.

What Guys Said 1

• Calling them once a day, text 2 times a day is good every 8 hours. Dont go past 2 though unless your in a text conversation