Do you believe in casual dating?

The girl I'm dating wants to keep things casual for now. She says that she has a lot of things going on in her life and doesn't want to add a relationship to the mix.

But, to me, casual dating is just "dating someone until someone better comes along." I know casual could become "un-casual" as things progress, but I can't help but think of it as a sort of rejection.

Is casual dating a good idea, or is it best to cut and run before someone gets hurt? What has been your experience?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think a person that tells you there situation straight up, get a lot of respect. All she's saying is that she can't commit to being a full time girl friend. Casually dating someone doesn't necessarily mean multiple partners, it could be her way of saying "i like you " but there's thing in my way right now and I wanna take things slow is all. It's another way of taking things slow all the perks of a relationship minus the pressure, and label until further notice. You still hang out, talk , date, and there's a level of intimacy. Your perception of casually dating is wrong.

• I forgot I'm on a site where everyone is holier than thou!. A bunch of you are probably "casually" and don't even know it. Because a lot of you preferred to be lied too. Some of u's are even in a FWB, relationship and don't think so cause you wanna believe there's nothing more important than what you want. That's why so many of us get lied to. Would you rather them say they want a relationship but can't deliver.

What Girls Said 5

• What is this casual dating? Every day they add another terminology.
    Well I believe in love and chemistry. If someone offers me different things than those, I will be out. I am not interested.
    This girl wants to hang out with you without any responsibility. Do you want sth like this? Honestly this doesn't sound a precious thing.

• I prefer serious dating:P
    Either I remain single or I date someone I like, I dont know why ome would do casual dating...

• Well most relationships started out as casual dating until they got more serious. Give the casual dating a chance and see where it takes you. Give it a time frame though. If after 3 months things are still casual and you want more then end things

• i think that any relationship before marriage is casual

• I feel like serious dating is dating to get married

• Even a long term relationship is casual

• I am in a kind of similar situation right now, but for both of us neither are ready for a relationship yet. I can't speak for him but I am not looking for or sleeping with anyone else, but in terms of a full-time girlfriend, or commitment I just can't be there right now, and neither can he. I think you just need to be honest with each other about things so that one of you doesn't find out later that the other wasn't being "exclusive" to you or something of that sort. I wouldn't say cut and run, but if the feelings are there you will know. It may be worth going slow and seeing where things go and it might not.

A lot of people get into serious relationships so quickly these days and they are married within a year or less! I think the key is going slow so you know yourself and what you really want. Sometimes I think "casual" dating could aid in that.

What Guys Said 0