Where do people get the strength to stay with cheaters?

How can people stay with cheaters and be okay with it. They are in a relationship with or married can be doing the same with you and someone else.

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't call it strength, I call it fear.

Strength is leaving the cheater and knowing you deserve better the someone who hurt you so much. Cheating is a choice and they made that decision without considering your feelings.

Fear is staying with the cheater because they are scared of the alternative of being alone and having to start over with someone else and being alone.

What Guys Said 4

• its like those who get mentally, emotionally, and physically abused. my whatever you call it relationship, she is still hooked on her ex, her mother and 2 other people control her. So its a rough thing. Cheaters need empowerment to move on and move forward.

• I would argue that it has little or nothing to do with strength. It's likely more so due to willful ignorance, denial, or lying to themselves about how they truly feel about things.

• Meaning they know it's happening but don't want to face the facts.

• Is it strength or stupidity?

• It's got nothing to do with strength, lol

What Girls Said 6

• That's all they know.

They're mind is clouded that he/she is the only person they could ever and possibly love.

And some may think that marrying the person and/or having kids with them, that the cheater could change their ways.

• Is it strength or weakness? I think it's the latter.

• children gives them the strength i think...

• Its not really strength. Its more pity and hope I suppose.

• I agree with Sparrow. That's not strength.

• That's the opposite of strength, in my opinion.