average looking guys only like average looking girls?

At school the average (not too handsome, not too ugly) guys express interest in girls that are average too (who are not super pretty or ugly). They seem to only want to date the girls in their league which on a number scale would not surpass 7 (they usually like 5-7) so do they not find the more attractive girls (8+) attractive or what? Because they don't express interest in the attractive girls. They only seem to like the girls that are also average?

Most Helpful Guy

• No they don't think they can get the hotter girls so they don't even try. They want them badly.

• You sure about that dude? I used to think the same but there's this one chub chaser who swears he doesn't want the "hot" chick at work.

• She's under 18. Guys are as straight edge as it gets.

What Guys Said 4

• I have dated the very pretty and some models around he world and the real beauty is in the average looking woman. First most don't think they are pretty, second they are more complete and have more going for them, third you can enjoy being with them without having a thousand guys chasing them. Then they are very appreciative of the little things.

I have been with some beautiful women and they just seem to be used up.

I am an average looking guy and in so many countries women want to stay away from the pretty boys, who they think are players and it is true.

• maybe they think the "8+" think they are too good for the 5-7 and would only want to date other "8+" and wouldn't want to waste there time.

When you leave school its a different ballgame and alcohol makes anyone attractive :)

• I would rate myself about 4 and I would rate my girlfriend 11+ and I am proud of having her as my girlfriend.

• Fear of rejection most likely. What's the point of chasing after a girl that they will probably never have? Waste of time

What Girls Said 1

• maybe they dont think those girls are attractive? what one man finds attractive another finds hideous