Why won't guys talk to me properly?

Whenever I try to talk to this guy he becomes quiet and barely replies back, and at times avoids me. But then at other instances he comes to me on his own and says hi – our conversations never last long because he doesn’t really help carry them on further. Does he not want to talk at all, or try to run away because of the awkwardness – the thing is almost all the guys im attracted to act in this way, but this particular guy is the worst – is there something wrong with me? Please help!!
GUYS how would you act around a girl if you thought your conversations were turning awkward?

ps these guys and this one dont really have a problem talking to other girls - i have seen their interactions thats why its so frustrating because i feel im the only one getting this strange treatment

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe they are nervous. Seems obvious but it's probably true.

What Guys Said 4

• So you are intimidating. If you want to go further with such guys, then you'll have to find out their passion past time, then ask to be included, even if it's bowling

• Well if he is talking with other girls and carry conversations with them but not you then something in your personality is either intimidating or a turn off which makes the conversations quickly turn awkward and short. this is probably more common problem with girls that have a dominant personality.

• hmmmmmmmmm, if you feel singled out as far as specific guy not talking to you but he has no issues chatting it up with another girls, I'd say move on. That seems like a blatant sign that is saying, "not interested"

• Maybe you're too hot and it makes them nervous. Maybe you need to go for different guys.

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe you are attracted to shy guys...men that seem quiet and reserved and you keep running into communication issues. If you know this to be true, then there is nothing else to do but to be patient. You can also ask him out for a casual "something" and see his reaction.