Why do people think that they must be in a relationship to be happy?

Yeaah !! Really why? I had dated before , but never had the feeling that i have to be with someone. It just happened !!
I jist like being alone. Single has one definition; freedom.

*think

Most Helpful Girl

• Those people who believe that they have to be in a relationship to be happy most likely are trying to live through someone in this case they are significant other. since they are not happy being single they make themselves believe that if they are in a relationship they can pretty much live their life through that other person if that makes any sense. if they are happy in a relationship it makes you wonder how they are when they are not in a relationship because the truth is you can't make someone stay with you if they choose to leave you.

What Guys Said 2

• I think part of it is the media; they stuff "love" down our throats like we breath it.
    Another thing is human nature; we want to reproduce. To reproduce, we need a partner.
    Then there's sex, dates, seeing happy couples, it all makes us want it.

• Personal inadequacy.

What Girls Said 1

• I like being single too but I think being in a relationship would be a different kind of happy at least in my life.