Is giving a gift on a first date or get together too much?

First of all how can I even be sure this is a date? He did say we could potentially go out- depending on how I felt about it. So after careful planning, we are having lunch tomorrow. Should I ask him if it's a date? Should I offer to split the bill with him and or pay for myself? He likes playing with Legos still, he is a big nerd and I like that! I am to.

Would it be too much if I got him a small Lego set? I'm a bit nervous right now.

Most Helpful Girl

• Wowowowowow haha over-excited there! maybe get him a small lego set for Christmas or once you become something but firstly you need to go and see what his intentions are. Offering to pay is totally fine and if he says that's outrageous then it's probably more than hanging out. :)

What Guys Said 1

• Legos are the greatest! However, I think what you need to do first is define what exactly it is that you'll be doing. Will this be a date or just two friends hanging out? If it's a date, I wouldn't give him Legos quite yet.

What Girls Said 1

• i wouldn't bring a gift- thatd be awkward in my opinion. it probably is a date. offer to pay, but if he steps up- let him.