How to tell a guy nicely that you don't want to see him anymore?

I met this guy in bar and we went to one date last February. After that one date I realised I'm really not interested in him and said I don't think it's gonna work out and didn't hear from him anymore. But now, months later he started talking to me on Facebook (just asking how are you etc) and I replied him shortly just because I hate when people ignore your messages.. now he asked if I wanna catch up with him. Why would I wanna catch up with him if I didn't wanna see him after that first date! Do I just say 'no' and nothing else? I don't want to be rude but I want him to understand..

Most Helpful Guy

• so are you saying that guys and girls can't be just friends

What Guys Said 2

• Reply by telling him that your situation has not changed, and therefor, he is now updated.

• Just tell him "no".

He'll get over it (it's his fault for not taking the hint in the first place).

What Girls Said 1

• he is probably just hoping you have changed your mind. tell him that you still aren't interested. better to let him down now