Do you like the jealous type of girlfriend/boyfriend?

What do you prefer when it comes to jealousy in a relationship:

• The jealous/protective girlfriend/boyfriend.
  • The only jealous in some case such as: texting or flirting girl/guy.
  • The not at all jealous, who basically never care.
  • Others. Explain.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've chosen B, but only because the way you wrote C made him sound dismissive.

I prefer guys who aren't jealous, but trust me and are secure with out relationship. A little bit of protectiveness is cute, but if it's causing fights or anything like that, it's too much.

For example, my boyfriend and I were at a gig a few weeks back. I was chatting to this backpacker while my SO was chatting with mates. There was no flirting or anything, but my boyfriend came over and kissed me on the cheek before introducing himself to the guy. He was friendly and not at all aggressive, so I thought it was kind of cute. If he had been all, 'what are you doing talking to that guy?' I wouldn't have liked it.

• So accurate.

• I honestly think a guy who is rarely jealous is somehow cute, not controlling nor insecure.
      But the guy who is constantly tripping of anger because you talked to other guys or texted other guys etc is definetely an insecure pal, and that's when you're right :)

What Guys Said 9

• One of the worst qualities a person can have in a relationship. First sign of jealous behavior, I am OUT. If you don't trust me, this ain't gonna work.

• C.

Not a fan of jealousy. I'm chill with her flirting with other guys, I expect her to be cool with me flirting with other girls too. And I expect her to know and trust that I will never go further than that.

• she can be protective and a bit jealous as long as she can trust me and not let it harm the relationship.

• I don't like jealousy. But I understand it a little bit. Any guy will say they hate it when girls get too jealous but if their girlfriends were hanging out with a bunch of guys they would probably get a little jealous themselves.

• Jealousy from a girl can be adorable at times.
    Just don't point a knife or something at me or I'll fly to another country.

• I despise jealousy. It's someone else projecting their insecurity on me and our relationship.

• I'm jealously protective. That's what makes me clingy. I do like I don't care in such times cause that didn't help me in life at all

• I like a bit of jealousy because it helps me trust my partner. Too much of it and it gets annoying.

• Jealousy is complicated but I guess there's the good kind and the bad kind. If it shows love it's good, if it shows distrust it's bad.
    For example you live far from your SO and you happen to have a roommate of the opposite sex. The good kind would just be being jealous cause they get to spend lots of time with you whereas your SO lives far and can't see you often. The bad kind would be if your SO doesn't trust you and is jealous because they think you have feelings for your roommate or something more

What Girls Said 6

• I don't tolerate jealousy at all. Jealousy shows lack of trust to me, not care. I don't like it when someone dictates what kind of life I get to live, like who I can be around with, when/if I can go out, what to do and with who etc. And when in a relationship, I would never flirt with other guys, and I would only text those I consider my friends. So there would be no point in him getting all butthurt just because I'm living my life.
    I voted C. Jealousy is about the most unattractive trait a person can have.

• Not being jealous doesn't mean not caring, more so it means that one has enough trust and confidence in their partner to allow them to live their life without needing to confine or change them to their liking.

I never understood how people think a little display of jealousy is shows how much they care... For me I would be turned off. There are other, more healthier ways of showing affection.

• Look if you're in a relationship and you really really love your guy you will feel jealous for him and you can't deny it or even stop it no matter what you did it's a feeling and it's prove that you really care about him and don't want anyone to take him from you.
    I didn't talk about pathological jealousy when you try to stop him from contact with people and you follow him everywhere and try to keep him with you all the time...etc then you can say here this girl is sick and this is not even love because no accept to be prisoner in a relationship.
    So i can choose B
    ;)

• B.
    A little amount of jealousy is ok. It doesn't always show insecurity..it shows that you don't want to lose the person.

Having said that, there should be a balance too. If someone is flirting with my boyfriend and he is not flirting back then I won't be jealous because its not HER flirting that will be bothering me. Its HIS response that I will care for. If he makes it subtly clear to me that he is not interested in her I won't have to worry at all.

• i've chosen B

• A .