Is it ok to date religious guys even though I'm not so religious right now but would become more religious?

My family sent me to religious private school and my family was religious when I was younger but became less religious when I went to college. I stopped being as religious as I used to be but I still am somewhat.

My religion is very strongly based around a family structure. Without being married and having a family it's lonely and not worth it to me. But if I found a religious guy I would be more religious again happily and I have all the knowledge and experience since I was raised with it. I just don't want to be a single religious girl with nowhere to go.

Is this weird or normal? I think it's quite common actually that people come back to their roots more if they have a family.

I will admit to me I am more culturally religious than genuinely that's why I need a group around me to inspire me.

Most Helpful Guy

• Religion should be a choice, not something forced onto anyone. If we cannot choose religion as a guide for ourselves then its more like a cult. So make your choices be influenced by your own desire, don't allow anything manipulate that, and whatever you choose will be the right choice for you.

What Guys Said 2

• I think it's fine to date someone despite having perhaps differing levels of religious spirituality or sense of commitment to it. As long as both people can 100% accept each other's various levels

• That's normal.

• Also, it's a good idea since you show interest in wanting to be religious but lack the encouragement.

What Girls Said 2

• Nah it's totally ok! I'm v. v. v. v. religious and I've dated pretty much exclusively atheists, lol.

I kinda feel like, though... idk, you have a weird outlook on religion. Not necessarily that you tie it to family, because it IS, VERY tied to family - and community in general. But that you tie it to romantic relationships with men, idk, that's weird. I don't understand why you feel that. You should not be looking for men to facilitate your relationship with God, that's gonna end very, very badly.

• It seems as though there's a disconnect between you and your religion. You are saying that you can only practice your faith if others are practicing it around you. For me, my religion is something very personal to me and I don't need to be surrounded by others to push myself. I am not the most religious person but my faith is always there in the back of my mind. Before you do anything try to look into your religion, do you really believe what you say you believe?