Are locked phones a sign of cheating?

Other than the keypad lock. Whenever someone has passwords on phones.

Most Helpful Guy

• More to prevent, after one of my crazy ex's deleted ALL the girls in my contacts, i dont want them in my phone.. But i dont care if they go through it, i have nothing to hide but dont delete my friends numbers..

What Guys Said 24

• Nah. Sounds like you're super clingy, Asker. I had to put my phone off limits because my ex was reading way too much into text messages. Mind you, these were a couple messages from lady-friends that I had known 10 years prior to even meeting her. Not that there was anything weird about the texts, she just didn't like the fact that I was even receiving them.

So, to simplify the issue I just made the phone off limits. I used to feel the same way you do and I was really open about things. However, as a guy you start to learn that most small-minded, clingy women don't know how to handle the truth or be in a real relationship. I felt like a mama bird with a nest full of chicks chirping for food. It's tiring having to deal with it.

• As a guy you felt. So women never feel the way you did. There are women that are out there that won't let a guy touch their phone just the same. There is no reason to hide the phone. How can you call someone clingy when they see a text that doesn't seem right to them.

• Let me guess you guilt trip her until she accepts your terms.

• haha... no, I don't guilt trip anybody. I make ironclad rules. I reign supreme over myself. There was no discussion about it. I simply told her how it was going to be from then on.

I'm not saying you are unreasonable for being suspicious. If you saw a weird text then by all means, be as suspicious as you want. But like I said, my texts were never that way. It's was always something stupid like, "OMG my boyfriend has the same bike as you!! Have a good day!" See what I mean?

With respect to women who don't let me "touch" their phone: I wouldn't have reason to touch their phone anyway so that issue would never come up. I give people my trust until they fuck things up.

• I keep mine locked in case its lost or stolen, also to avoid pocket calls. Now if he won't let you see his phone, then there is an issue.

• Pretty much.

• Disagree. I am totally fine with showing my phone to my s/o, but she has to be willing to the same thing. Sides I've had exes I let respond to texts for me. Full disclosure in my mind when it comes to relationships.

• 16charger Why couldn't she look at it if she asked. Why would anyone make a big deal of it.

• No. If I lose my phone I don't want some random person having all my contacts and other vital information. There also may be pictures and other things I don't want my kids to see if they get into it.

• I agree with this, I lock my phone incase I lose it so some stranger doesn't see everything but I'm not hiding anything.not that I'm in a relationship now, but when I was my phone had a password and my boyfriend never knew it but it didn't bother him

• ... yes?

Yes locked phones are a surefire sign of cheating. Why else would he lock his phone?

Other common signs of cheating include, without limitation:

1) Locked doors (Because we all know what's happening BEHIND them)
    2) Turtlenecks (apart from being a Steve Jobs wannabe, he's clearly hiding a hickey)
    3) Deodorant (Hah! And he thought you'd never smell the other woman's scent on him!)
    4) Blank DVDs (they probably contain his sexcapades from last night)
    5) Credit cards (Clearly being used to make purchases for that skank)

• Wanting privacy isn't a sign of cheating.

Constantly worrying about what's on their phone is a sign of mistrust

• There wouldn't be any mistrust in the first place if your not hiding stuff.

• But this is an irrelevant question for me because I Don't even lock my phone! 8-)

• My gf does happen to know mine.

It doesn't mean your bf is hiding something though. Only means he values his privacy.

• Not at all, girls I've been with would always want to go through my phone but i actually keep a journal in my phone. On top of that when i talk to certain people it may seem like I have a cruel and sadistic sense of humor. Which isn't the sweet side they all know and love.

• So your two face lol?

• Two face? No, there is a side i show myself with to my gf's and a side i let out with my guy friends. Now my gf would never hear me curse but when i'm with my guy friends we fight, and trash talk to each other a lot. Sometimes it gets out of hand because we have thick skin but that's not something i would want my lady to see. If you understand what i mean

• In the case of my friends and I , to stop each other texting everyone in our contact lists something obscene and/or fraping each other. Doesn't mean cheating though!

• Nope. I keep mine locked in case it's lost or stolen.

• Nah, of course not. Just like having passwords for email accounts and online banking isn't a sign of infidelity, either.

• Not at all!

Some people just have dealt with people snooping or playing with their phones, and want their info protected.

Phones nowadays do a lot more than just call people!

• Ummm... does privacy = cheating? No. No it doesn't. If you can't trust your significant other enough to give them a respectable amount of privacy, there is not enough trust to even be in a relationship in the first place.

• No, I am single and I have a locked phone. I don't want people looking through my phone, its my personal device with lots of personal information that I don't want people having access to.

• Not at all...I lock my phone so my kids can't just pick it up and start pressing buttons.

• No it's a sign of not being a total dumbass.

• I think locks are just sane. Today, your cell phone is a camcorder, camera, accesses bank accounts, email accounts, gameboy advance games, holds all your tinder hookups... important stuff.

• It doesn't have to be a sign of cheating.

• I mean... no. It really isnt.

• sign of cheating? perhaps he does not want people going through his shit?

• I think they are hiding something, but not necessarily cheating

• Additional passwords? On what?

• Nope it could just mean that there's a lot of p*rn on there.

• No. Its thier phone

• No, not at all. Let me put it this way, an unlocked phone doesn't me "he's no cheating". People who cheat will usually have multiple phones.

• No. But this question is a sign of paranoia.

• Once you get into a relationship you become one. For that you might as well not be in a relationship. There is no need to be hiding anything the only reason you would hide something is because your scared to found out. The only paranoia is the person that is sneaky.

• hold up...when you get into a relationship you become one...no...you become a team, however you are still two very different and individual people with your own likes and dislikes including different friends. Trust is the key.

• @nightremains - you got it in one. Well done.

What Girls Said 19

• Not at all. Most people lock their phones. Phones contain all sorts of private information. Mine has my diary, friends message me with their personal stuff, I access my work email from it, hell, there's even photos from bad angles that I haven't gotten around to deleting yet. All these things and many more are why I lock my phone.

• I keep locks on my phone in case it was to ever get stolen. Also because my guy friends would constantly take my phone and post dumb Facebook statuses or tweets that made me look like I had issues lol

• Or a sign of pocket-dialing…?

• He locks his phone? HE MUST BE CHEATING ON YOU!

Does he also lock the door when he's on the toilette? If so, he's most likely hiding little hooker-elves in there!

• hooker-fairies, not elves - that would just be silly.

• @PANDAmonium: To each their own! Some guys prefer elves over fairies! I don't judge.

• No. I lock my phone because I work with kids and they like to touch things that don't belong to them lol

• Nope, I keep it locked because of my email- don't want random people accessing my stuff.

• No. My phone has locks it it and so does everyone else I know. It's just protection for personal information in case it gets stolen.

• No! I have my phone password protected too. That doesn't mean I have anything to hide. Its just for safety and I don't like it when people invade my personal space. If someone asks for my phone I unlock and give it to them. And I do the same, I don't touch someone else's phone without their permission.
    No sign of cheating/hiding in my opinion.

• It depends, is there other behavior here you're not mentioning that would make this just one more sign of cheating?

• I got passwords so my parents can't search it, and also for security in case it gets stolen. I don't cheat though :)

• no. it's a sign that i take hideous selfies and have an embarrassing number of funny animal pictures that i don't want anyone to see

• No, I don't think so. It is not enough to say it just depending on a locked phone.

• I'm single and I have a locked phone. I just don't want people going through my phone.

• No. I don't even have anyone to cheat on and I do have a lock on my keypad.

• No, its a sign of not wanting your phone stolen.

• Not a sign of cheating. But maybe he's just hiding something (porn, nudes, etc.)

• I think if you're in a relationship then your partner should know the pass code. That's all.

• No...but if u have reason to suspect that based on a locked phone, then your relationship likely has some issues

• Not necessarily.
    I lock my phone around my niece and nephew, because they tend to grab and run, haha!
    Some people are simply more private than others. It doesn't always mean they're hiding something in particular, they simply want their privacy respected.