What are we? Dating? FWB? I don't know?

I met this guy a little less than a year ago. We built a really deep friendship, but we were clearly attracted to each other, so we were frequently flirty and often joked about hooking up. Then about a month ago, in the heat of the moment, we finally did. Our friendship has remained the same as well as our dynamic (texts me good morning, he checks in throughout the day, we talk about our lives and listen to each other's problems, etc.). The only difference is we now spend more time with each other (get together 1-2x a week vs. barely before) and of course the physical.

The thing is I don't know what we are. It doesn't bother me too much, but I guess I'm just not used to not having a label so I guess I want to know. If we weren't such good friends, I would say we were FWB. But the fact that we both actually care about each other and that it's not always physical clouds things up a bit.

What do you guys think? And should I bring it up or wait for him to do so?

Most Helpful Girl

• In this case. Bring it up cause you guys already know each other for a long time, were already friends and care... So if I were in your shoes, I would ask him to define the relationship.

"Are we exclusive?"

If he says yes. Then you know he is in it for real.

If he says no. Then you say... "OK... so Im allowed to date other men right?"

That will give him some time to regret and say... "No, just date me and yes we are exclusive." or he would grudgingly say that you are allowed to date other guys.

In the end you dont come off as needy, annoying and imposing and you dont waste time with someone that is not into the relationship 100% and you avoid a lot of drama even if your own feelings might get hurt in the process.

Take care.

What Guys Said 1

• I'd say without a label it seems more friends with benefits but obviously a bit more serious since you guys are good friends and not just sort of the pseudo friendships often implied in fwb.

I think you need to bring it up though if you care and don't want any surprises. after a year someone should probably take the next step in this thing

What Girls Said 0