When is the right time say 'I love you'?

Some say the right time is when you feel is it right and some say you should give it time (months & years) . What's your opinion? Can you really put a time on love? I know everyone is different.

• 1-2 months
  • 3-4 months
  • 5-6 months
  • 7+ months
I was surprised when my boyfriend told me he loved me so soon. It caught me by surprise, but everyone loves differently and I'm happy to say I love him. I just really wanted to see some other peoples opinions. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• you say it when you mean it? i dont know why you would wait or put this off? how you feel is how you feel. putting it off for some arbitrary reason makes no sense to me?

• Because...sometimes girls admit their feelings and scare the guy off. That's more common than the other way around.

• if the guy can be scared off by this then guess what... maybe he isn't the right one for you.

• That's true but if you believe that saying I love you will scare him off then the guy isn't the right one for you from the start. That's my opinion.

What Guys Said 4

• Dont do it by time...do it when you love them. I know people that waited a year until they fell in love with their S.O

• When you feel it. Rules are stupid. Too much random variance in life.

• You say it when you truly mean it. Even if you just met him and you feel that way, well this is awkward, but if you do really mean, but you would creep him out.

• Immediately you slide da cock in

What Girls Said 5

• Well for me, I had always been told to wait 3 months before saying I love you, I kind of feel like you should wait maybe a month after you first feel it to be sure. With my current boyfriend, I had already known him for about 5 months when we started dating. we worked together but didn't talk a whole lot until we started dating then I was spending almost every night at his house. After spending so much time together for about a month and a half, I realized that I loved him. I still waited a few weeks after because I wanted to make sure that what I felt actually was love.
    There is no time frame for anyone, it just happens when it does. Some relationships take longer to form than others. I think though if you've been seriously dating someone for over 3 months and don't see a future with them, than you should break up. There is no point in staying in a relationship if you can't see at least a short future with them. It is a waste of everyone's time and energies.

• I would say it when I mean it but AFTER the guy has said it. I know that's stupid, but it's something that I firmly believe in.

• I'd say the longer you wait, the more it will mean.

I just don't see how you can love someone after a short amount of time. Maybe my idea of love is of a higher standard? I just think you need to see all their sides and still love them. Not love the person they project at the start of a relationship.

• When you actually mean it.

• I don't think there is a right or wrong time, I say whenever you're feeling its the right moment.