I've never had a girlfriend. Is it because I'm ugly?

I'm 16. I've never had a girlfriend and When I was 12-15, I was very shy and had low self-esteem and no girl liked me. Now that I'm 16, I do have some sort of confidence as I can play guitar really well along with bass. I'm home schooled so I don't have any friends and I don't have a social life except when I go to my public basketball court. Right now, I met this cute girl (I don't know if she likes me; I caught her making eye contact with me) and we talked and kind of know each other. I like her, but because of stupid me, I don't know how to get her to like me. I consider myself to be really nice. I don't judge people by the way they look and I'm very polite and I don't bully or insult. (In fact I was bullied a lot through school) I also don't talk that much. Recently now, I have been called handsome/cute few times and a few girls are making eye contact with me..but I'm not really sure because I've always considered myself ugly. Also I can't seem to post pictures here. Can someone tell me how post pics?

how to earn xp points?
bump
bump 2

Most Helpful Guy

• It sounds like you still have self-confidence issues. Between being home schooled, and having been shy and low-self-esteem for so long, I don't think you've fixed that yet.

"I'm home schooled so I don't have any friends and I don't have a social life"

That, for example.

What Girls Said 4

• You might not be able to due to your age, if she is talking to you, she is already interested; just be yourself

• You can update pics by uploading thhem to tinypic.com and put the link on your profile.

• No don't worry about it.. I didn't have my first kiss or bf till I was 19 and I have lots of friends that still haven't.

• No it's because of your personality

What Guys Said 2

• best advice I was given when young was just go talk to the girls your interested in ask what you what to the worst thing they can do is say no , then just find another girl and start over.

if your home school that does limit your public meets since school is probably the the biggest place you mite try going out more then just the basketball court , try beaches. parks ice skating rings, places where the girls can get involved in stuff and you will meet a lot more people that way

• Trust meh on dis. Dont be a nice guy. As u notice, nice guys usually finish last. Be a total jerk and treat her like one B)