Girls, do you care if he plays video games?

I play video games, maybe every other day. do you not like a guy that plays video games a lot?

Most Helpful Girl

• you can play as much as you want, just tell me when you are. so i know not to expect any text from you. id feel like you're ignoring me if you dont.
    if im there, at least spend a bit time with me first. when im over, he ends up gaming and ill be watching tv or on gag haha

What Girls Said 22

• I rarely go a day without playing some form of RPG, MMORPG or FPS on PC or Xbox. I spend way too much of my money on game merch and decking out my gaming PC- I know a lot of guys are put off by this- I really don't think I could be with someone who didn't share my passion for video games.

So yeah, personally- video games are huge plus. But I know quite a few girls who would be put off by constant gaming- but I think every other day is fine.

• I don't mind, unless it's obsessive playing; every other day is fine. I quite like guys who play video games. They're usually more interesting.
    I've always wanted to get into video games - it seems like my type of thing, but I've always been worried it will take over my life. Perhaps after exams are over...

• I wouldn't mind at all. Heck I'd prefer it if he did unless he was so addicted to videogames they crippled other aspects of his life.

My boyfriend and me regularly play videogames together, watch anime series and if he can't come over, we sometimes play Gw2 or Steam games online :)

• Nope. I play video games too. But it depends on how obsessed he is with it. Like if he would choose playing games over hanging out with me, then I'm not sure I'd be ok with it.

• No, I just don't want to have to fight for my time with him.

• Me and my boyfriend agreed to buy a 32" screen so we could play split screen; we have 8 consoles between us, online gaming accounts and everything.

So to answer your question no as long as he doesn't mind that I do.

• i am happy to see a girl with my wavelength :)

• I don't mind as long as he has his life together. I know guys (like my brother) who surrounds his day around video games. He hasn't found a job and his gf is paying his gas. I seriously don't know how she stands him. I would want a boyfriend to take me out instead of being locked in his room playing video games. Like I said I don't mind as long as he has goals in life and pays attention to me too.

• Well you are under 18 so playing a lot of video games is expected usually but I would be annoyed if I dated a guy who was my age and constantly played video games. There are much better things to do with your time, like get outside, be active, and spend time with your SO. I would not put up with a grown man addicted to playing video games

• no! we can play games together and say how amazingly good I am :D

• As long as he has time for me and doesn't cancel a date so he can finish his game, no I don't mind. I'd even play along. Would like it if he didn't spend his money on 5 games, but instead took me to the cinema or something, though.

• As long as he doesn't mind my obsession with gaming

• No. I wouldn't care. As long as it doesn't get in the way of actual responsibilities.

• As long as it's not so excessive it intervenes with daily life. I do enjoy video games myself and would like a play mate.

• No because we'd end up playing video games together because I like video games too.

• I dont mind if a guy plays video games. I might even join in :)

• No as matter of fact, we could play together since I like video games too.

• Not at all, as long as he doesn't mind me playing my own games every now and then

• Why would that be a problem?

• Yes, that would be awesome

• I don't care. I just don't like if he plays way to much. That's boring :)

• Nope. Cause I play too :)

• No, I hate it when a guy spends a ton of time playing video games.

What Guys Said 2

• Your results will be a tad biased given that your on the internet asking this question.
    Most girls don't care if you play some, as long as you aren't TOO into it, letting it get in the way of other things that need to get done.
    If you're a hardcore gamer, and you want to still game all the time, find you a gamer girl and wreck it co-op style :)

• It was my dream in high school to be a pro gamer making like six figures a year and traveling around the world doing it until I realized the type of dedication involved for that. It involves training like 15 hours a day everyday in front of your computer and making it the sole focus of your life. Now I just play sort of casually and girls don't mind. If a game comes out that I've been waiting to play for a long time then I will clear my schedule for a few days and play the fuck out of it but besides that I'm not too hardcore anymore.