Girls: is she really too busy or was I rejected?

I work with an attractive woman that I'd like to get to know better. Over the past year or so, we've gone out to lunch and/or coffee several times and once had drinks after work.

I asked her if she's like to go out with me (on a proper date) the following week and she said "Maybe. I think I might be able to do that. Ask me next week." The next week, I asked her again with a specific day and she simply said "Probably not - I'm busy this week".

On one hand, she's said this exact same thing before when I've asked her to lunch (without offering an alternative), only to yes the next time I asked. She's a single mom with two small children and a full-time job and no family in the area, so her schedule is extremely busy and chaotic. After she turned me down, there is no awkwardness whatsoever when we talk. On the other hand, this sounds very much like a classic rejection.

Should I take this as a hint that she doesn't want to see me, or should I just assume her schedule really is that busy and keep asking her?

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't hassle her, but yeah, I'd say it sounds like she has been busy since she has said the same type of thing and then agreed at a later date. Just play it cool, or if you really want to know ask her out and make it clear it's a date - ask her to dinner or something

What Girls Said 2

• it might be rejection (because she does not want another man in her life=maybe she was badly hurt in her previous relationship) OR she is really busy (she is a mom of two small kids, don't forget that)

• Rejection. ...people always make time for people they are interested in. Drop her!.

What Guys Said 0