Would you rather pick a partner by their picture or by a profile like description?

So... If you had to choose a partner by one of these methods, which one would you opt for?

- Pictures. You get 10 pictures from each person. You can see their face clearly in most of them. You can see their body well in some (There is also a nude included). You can see how tall they are. Most pictures are taken of their personal everyday life (so you might be able to see friends, hobbies). Their age is mentioned. The pics are not photoshopped.

- Profile descriptions. You get a full description of their looks, their likes, their jobs, income, a personal message of about 500 words, if they want kids, political/religious views, pretty much anything that could be asked on a first date. All filled in answers are double checked and verified.

There are 100 people to choose from. All of them are interested in you (they saw pictures AND your profile description).

• Picture book
  • Profiles without pictures

Most Helpful Guy

• For starters, them being interested in me doesn't tell me shit about them. I've found plenty of girls interesting, but would we be a good match? probably not. plus they could be interested in me for a very specific reason, how am i to know what they have honed in on, maybe its something that i dont consider all that important?

Also, are the photos professionally done, or fully candid? eg the no make up 11pm snack run to the supermarket during study week, or a perfectly timed and lit 'stetch' at the park in work out clothes and full make up?

Personally i think you can tell very little from photos. makeup might as well be photoshop in the hands of some women, its amazing what that stuff can do. but what a photo won't tell you is if they intelligent, articulate, and can actually hold up a good conversation, or are an actual interesting, person themselves. These aren't things that will change. Stupid is for life.

Yes. if all i want to do is fuck them, the photos are fine, but a partner. Nope. Need to 'converse' with them first, and assuming their profile is written by them, then its their 'opening line'.

that said, 500 words ain't shit. To put in perspective there are 154 words in the description you wrote. Maybe if you pad that out to 1000 words with photos, or seeings there are no photos, 1500 words to accomodate a decent description of themselves?

• Maybe I wasn't clear but you get a personal message of 500 words beside a full description of their looks. I wasn't going to list the whole thing but it would be like: age, height, weight, skin colour, eye colour, hair colour, hair style, body type... Etc, etc.

• i guess thats better. but they would want to be 500 perfectly chosen words :P

What Girls Said 11

• I would have to say profile because the pictures tell you very little about their deeper motives - e.g. if they want children, what ambitions they have in life, their religions, etc. These are the things that are going to be deal-breakers or major issues if the relationship becomes long term - if these things aren't comparable then the relationship definitely isn't going to work.
    You can at least develop an idea of their appearance from the description and (if it has been checked for accuracy) get an idea of if you will find them attractive or not. And if you don't think they are going to be totally unattractive then a relationship with common values has a better change than a relationship based on superficial attraction and a few photographs that they have probably chosen to give a specific impression of themselves, particularly if their values aren't compatible with yours.

• Possibly a picture. If they liked my profile and picture I'm assuming they'd already have something in common with me to be able to relate to me. Besides everybody has good points about them, but without any kind of attraction or chemistry it would only be a friendship.

So pictures assuming it'd be for the purpose of a date :)

• Both go hand in hand, Id want to know what the person looks like. And what the person is like based off their profile.

• Picture. I'm too tired to read lmao.

• Pictures for me and hopefully they aren't years old

• Picture. You can tell a lot about someone from their pictures, too. Plus, nothing will happen without physical attraction anyway.

• Definitely pictures because in order for me to date someone in the first place I have to have somewhat of an attraction to them physically so I would need to know exactly what they look like by photos.

• In theory, neither. I have to meet them in person.

But out of those choices, I would pick picture.

• Picture because it's pretty easy to lie on a profile. Pictures tell a thousand words.

• By their picture

• Description, the most beautiful people I know are the ugliest inside.

What Guys Said 4

• Picture. Can make anybody sound good on paper. At least with a pic you know you'll find them attractive.

• I'm going with pictures. They'd have already seen my pictures and read my profile, so I'd assume that they'd already find us having some things in common to begin with.

• without a face you have nothing to go by

• i bet all girls go A and all guys go B