Why do people think that a guy can get a date by just making small talk and being friendly?

Most Helpful Guy

• They don't know the struggle.

What Girls Said 7

• That's the beginning of it. How can someone agree to a date if they don't talk to you first?

And just because you make smal talk, it doesn't mean every girl you talk to will agree to a date. It also depends on what you're talking about, if you're interesting, if there's a connection, etc.

It's a lot of things but it all begins with small talk

• And it also matters that I'm attractive

• What women at the mall? Shoppers?

• Please lets not talk about this no more. It hurts too much

• For some guys, they honestly can. Some guys are so physically attractive and have that special something, words roll off their tongue with such magnetic confidence, they ooze desirability, and all they really have to do is make small talk and be friendly.

• That's the thing I'm not physically attractive

• Who cares what some of these GAGers say? You have to realize that some of these users aren't even credible due to their immaturity, lack of social skills, lack of social knowledge, and subpar life experience. So you shouldn't always take what they say to heart

• well I believe the female gaggers because they are female

• Because if she's interested that's all it will take. If she's not, it won't work. Not everyone is going to say yes to a date.

• I can't take rejection

• Cuz I'm typing on my phone. Sheesh

• I think that I'm attractive but women don't think I am and that's what matters

• It's a hell of a lot better than some random person walking up to me and asking me out...that's an automatic no, no matter who you are or what you look like...Nothing wrong with small talk :)

• I think it is possible and boils down to your confidence and comfort level when approaching the girl. Humor never hurts either.

• And hotness

• Sadly yes they are dressing like that simply for attractive guys. And the truth of it is if they are attractive they can afford to be picky and take or reject who they want. :(

• Ok...

• I have gone on dates with guys that have made small talk with me, so yes, it works!

• Ugh quit feeling sorry for yoself...

• You be in my shoes then you can talk

What Guys Said 7

• You say, "women don't like fat guys."
    You say, that you're fat.
    So why are you trying to get a GF?

You say that some women here (not this thread) have said you're ugly. You believe these women. So in essence...
    You say, that you're ugly.
    So why are you trying to get a GF?

You say, women only care about what's on the outside.
    You say, you don't have what they want.
    So why are you trying to get a GF?

You seem to have it all figured out.
    So why do you continue to torment yourself with your thoughts?

You can't change other people.
    You're unwilling to change yourself. In any way. Physically, emotionally, mentally. Your self-esteem.

Do you know what all of this equals? You will be alone the rest of your life.

There you go. Someone said it.

You. Will be alone. The rest of your life.

Is that what you wanted to hear? Is that it?
    Finally, someone is saying what you have been saying. You obviously were right. And it only took you 28 threads to hear this.

You have been vilified.

Maybe this will help you get past this negative state you're in. So you can move on. Find something you enjoy. Be happy.

Best of luck to you.

Or. Maybe you could actually use some of the advice you've been given in all these threads.

Either way. It's all good.

• "It's all good" act your age

• I can't stand when people my age or older say its all good, or the other one I can't stand do your thing

• Because that's how most of us do it.

• I've bedded women with just small talk and my friendly self. Started relationships through small talk and jokes. It's all about finding people not too different from you and making sure you try with people til get lucky.

• I don't why people think that but, honestly speaking, some guys can do that. My friends can do it all the time. Even the ones that aren't deemed as physically attractive as the others. Then again. It's all subjective.

• I like this foundation. Are you considering attempting this approach in the near future or are you employing other methods?

• What are you talking about? Are you on the wrong thread?

• I look forward to it suitsndtie. Let's establish a new form.
      I'm jumping ship here.
      Asker...sorry we got off topic!

• Because it's true if u do that...AND FLIRT!

• Because it works. Small talk is the first step

• How did I approach my girl friend when we first met? ... I heard from my best friend that she fancied me and I went for it. I hugged her, kissed her neck, FLIRTED, charmed her... and it's been a perfect 2 months now.

Stop feeling bad for yourself. You should know exactly what you're doing wrong.