Am I the ugly bestfriend or not?

My friend always has a boyfriend or something. Most of the time if she likes a boy then they'll like her back and they'll end up going out. But I have liked a boy since about October and he's never expressed interest in me even after he found out I liked him. It's not like this is a one off. Last year I liked a boy, it was clear he didn't like me back and ended up going out with my friend. I don't know what to do anymore because I feel like the loser sidekick to my perfect bestfriend.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm guessing the difference between you and your best friend is confidence. If you don't think you look as pretty as you could, make the effort. It'll boost your confidence like crazy but of course confidence is just as detectable as looks and probably worth more in the end. Maybe these guys can sense that you don't think you're as pretty as your friend and no guy wants to date an insecure girl unless they're no good themselves. I was constantly flirted with/cat called/and talked about in high school, but never had a boyfriend because I wasn't confident in myself. In college I decided to believe I was the epitome of amazing (haha) and there have been so many guys who have taken an interest in me, I always have at least one guy giving me attention. (I hope this doesn't come off as bragging, I'm trying to prove the power of confidence)

• Thank you. I do get attention and have been told that I'm the prettiest in my class. But people tell her all the time about this boy who likes her and how all girls are jealous and it just makes me feel inferior. I've never been confident and I don't really know how to start.

• I agree with confidence... Confidence makes the difference between a 7 and 10. Guys pick up on it and want more of whatever it is every other guy 'supposedly' wants so they can show they won the prize. Fake it til' you make it!

What Guys Said 2

• Maybe the girls are being more open with their attraction to the guys.

• Are you just sitting there liking these guys or do you actually do something to show your interest to them?

What Girls Said 2

• The best thing that you can do in this situation is stop comparing yourself to your best friend. This will make you more confident and sure of yourself. I know it will be hard but trust me, it's worth it.

• I used to be the ugly friend. But then I lost weight and discovered the power of makeup 👌