Is he still playing games with me?

I've been talking on/off with this guy I met an online dating site for about a year now. We'll message/skype then next minute I won't hear from him for a few weeks or months.

I contacted him a month ago to see how he was doing and only received a reply last week. We messaged each other up until Saturday then I didn't hear anything else from him. I got tired of the games so I messaged him saying it was nice to hear from him but I feel like I'm in a game I'll never win. He replied back quickly, "I'm not sure I entirely understand what you mean but if this is what you prefer, I'll respect that. You know where I am. :)" I want to message him back except I don't know what to say and I'm tired of the games.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you're actually tired of it then stop it. Just say something like "I like you but this isn't working for me anymore. If, in the future, you decide you'd like to try something for real please let me know!" Then move on...He'll contact you if he ever wants to.

What Guys Said 2

• I feel this can go two ways:
    1) You clear things up with him, by speaking honestly and saying that you don't take kindly to the way he seems to be messing with you. You two come to and understanding and the problem is resolved
    2) You decide that fixing it is not worth it, and save yourself a ton of trouble by not fretting over a guy who seems to be playing games.
    Either option is fine, what you end up doing should be based upon how badly you care for him ( or don't.)
    Hope this helps :)

• Let me get this straight, you have been talking to him online for a year and never met? He probably doesn't know what you mean because if you haven't met by now, he probably assumes it isn't going to happen. If I start talking to a girl online, I try to meet her within 3 weeks. If it doesn't happen by then, it isn't worth my time. There are too many flakes, people that aren't going to be the same in person, people that just won't click to make it worth my time past 3 weeks.

If I were you, I wouldn't respond back. I don't think he is playing a game with you, I just don't think he is interested which you didn't pick up on. Move on to someone else and if they don't progress things in a reasonable time, move on again. (without calling them out and making yourself look bad)

What Girls Said 1

• I dont think he got the gist of entirely what you were trying to tell him. Dont just say, Im tired of the games, say exactly what you asked in your question- "it was nice to hear from him but I feel like Im in a game," - and then explain why you feel like you are in a game.