Outgoing people, could you date an introvert?

For all you extroverts out there, do you think you could be in a relationship with an introvert? I'm dating an extrovert now and i think my quietness bothers him a lot sometimes. Especially when we go to parties and I don't say much. I guess he doesn't get that strangers make me nervous. I can definitely see why he would be annoyed though because he can talk to anyone and I can't do that

Most Helpful Guy

• I am more like you, and I have never dated a girl. but if I did get along with an extrovert I would hope that I would be able to balance out and we'd play off each other. but that probably wouldn't happen

• We're fine when it's just us or if we're with my friends. But when it's his friends and I don't know them, I clam up :(

• Yes that's very awkward for me :(

• Yeah I hated that, but thanks for MHO!!

Most Helpful Girl

• OMG I wish I could like this question b/c I'm an introvert too. I mostly date extroverts. The more you date extroverts, the more you kinda get used to their pet peeves and the more you can educate them on how an introvert should be handled. For me, I don't talk at parties either unless I'm tipsy...lol. I don't advise the liquid courage unless you're in a tight situation. Anyway, I don't talk at parties unless others talk to me. I smile and try to talk about the same stuff they talk about unless I don't know what they're talking about. So I'll ask them what's that? Or that's interesting, I've never heard of that. Or if I really don't know and don't care, I'll just laugh when they laugh and then they like me lol. But I'm ALWAYS close by my guy or I'll find some girls who are just like me, introvert or we have things in common. If I can't find anyone I'm cool with to converse with, then I just eat and enjoy the music and dance. Or play on my phone. THE PHONE IS AN INTROVERTS SECURITY BLANKET AT A PARTY.

My guy complains about me always listening and him talking the most. So I'll talk about something we have in common or something I'm interested in and try to feel if it interests him. I tell him what I like and dislike. I go to places I like, where I feel comfortable sharing my likes with him, like say, the bookstore or one of my hobbies. I have a hobby of couponing and going to thrift stores. I also like Greek, Japanese, and Korean food. I introduce him to new foods that I like and we have a moment. I mean, being an introvert shouldn't come in between you and the guy if they guy genuinely likes you for you and wants to get to know you better. But your responsibility is to find ways where you can be comfortable with each other and understand one another.

• *feel if it interests him in having a thorough conversation with me

• Shall we get together than :3

What Guys Said 2

• Girls can easily get away with it. Guys generally can't.

I'm an introvert and that's probably the biggest reason I'm going through women like a revolving door. Guys have to make a move, unless they earn over 80K.

• I'm NOT going through women like a revolving door.

• Ying and yang good and evil opposites attract and balance each other out.

What Girls Said 6

• I'm an introvert and my SO is an extrovert. I asked him the same question, and he said it doesn't bother me that I'm quiet because I come across as stoic rather than shy, lol.

I prefer dating extroverts because they get me out of my shell more. All my friendss are extroverts as well, and it really helps me be more social. Contrastingly, my sisters are introverts, so when I'm with them I hole up in a cave and never leave lol.

Try and socialise more. It's nerve wrecking, but it gets easier.

• I dated once. For a extrovert woman, case is different. I felt a bit crazy because I was the only person who spoke :)
    But you don't have to be like him. It is nonsense! You are you. And you are cool as you are. Trust me, it is more irritating when someone pretends.
    And when you have healthy relationship, you can balance it. And also, it is challenge for you, which is a good one. You can work on it, if you want.
    But I am saying again, you don't have to be like somebody. In love there's no introvert or extrovert :)

• Yes.

• Probably not unless they are some special, extraordinary introvert! I would find their introvert tendencies annoying when I want to go be social. I'd get tired of always having to take the lead in terms of social activities.

• I can understand that

• Do you ever let your guard down?

• Yes but it takes me a while before I can do that. I need to be comfortable around them first.

• Sounds like be. Yes it can work, just talk to him and if he has any concerns

• I probably could if I tried really hard.