What would you be willing to do for a way to be numb to emotional pain?

I can't be the only one who wishes I could turn off my emotions so I can get some sleep...

Most Helpful Girl

• Meditation all the way! Try not to be isolated and wallow in that pain. Talk to understanding close friends, or a family member. Never ever drink or do drugs to numb what is a normal human trait...emotions. Lastly, allow yourself to feel those emotions, get them out and then dump them in the garbage. Always remember, the past is over, the future is unknown, the only time is now! You'll pull through just fine :)

What Girls Said 10

• I try to work through it to address the source of the pain and find some peace that way. But sometimes it's just too big a task to tackle all at once. In those instances I usually pop a couple valium and watch a movie or read a book that I know will get my mind off things.

• Get into an abusive relationship and you become so numb. Being numb isn't the greatest thing because it can take years to start feeling properly again. I have a problem with derealisation now - I never feel like I'm in the real world and it sucks so much. Be careful what you wish for.

• Hmmm that is a awsome question I try to keep myself busy

• for me.. one of..

writing..
    drinking..
    fucking..

• Well, I can turn my emotions off for a certain time, but it won't go away when I turn them on i still feel the same, sometimes even worse

• When you turn them off, are they 100% off? Or just sort of subtle?

• I mostly turn into some sort of robot. On those days I am silent, won't talk and won't be listening, SOme sort of auto pilot.

• Absolutely anything.

• drinking probably, rather that then drugs. 5 shots of tequila will have you in bed in no time. But that is temporary, to get rid of it for good confide in someone and get some advice on how to deal with, feels great to get it off of your chest.

• I pop a Benadryl and it knocks me out. Wake up a little less emotional.

• I'm sorry you're feeling down. Do you have someone to speak with about this? And do you take a sleep aid? Being unrested could be adding to the intensity of your pain.

• Do drugs. That seems to help

What Guys Said 0